Anyone want the Game Centre username "William"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamTM, Dec 28, 2010.

1. WilliamTM macrumors member

WilliamTM

I currently have the Game Centre username "William".

I snapped it up within about an hour of Game Centre going live, which was before the public got their hands on the public version of 4.1 (I think it was?) that had Game Centre. So, being pretty quick, I managed to score the username "William".

The problem is that everyone seems to like trying to add me as a friend, because, well, I'm "William". And I've noticed a lot of other people called William also adding me. It's actually getting on my nerves, because I get about 0-5 requests per day, on average, and the stupid trumpet sound....well, grr. :p

Anyway I'm going to change it, so I was wondering if anyone would like to snap it up once I change my username. I'm not sure if you can do so, but if I change my GC username to something else, I presume it frees up the old one for someone else to take it. So, if anyone's interested in grabbing it off me, either for personal use or to sell it on eBay or something (I don't mind if you do), post a reply below and the first person to ask for it will get it. But as I said, be warned that you'll be getting a lot of friend requests!

Obviously I'm guessing that a lot of people will be trying to get the username "William" (even more so now since Christmas has just happened), so for the sake of getting it yourself, I would suggest you add me on your IM account so I can tell you the second I change it. I'm on WLM, AIM, YIM, GTalk, and Facebook Chat so if you reply below that you want it (and you're first to ask), shoot me a PM and I'll give you my IM address (or you can give me yours).

So, yeah. Any takers? :D

(Also if there are no takers within 24 hours, I'm changing it anyway.)

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

What would happen if you kept the William, but added a letter or number after it, would that change the calls as it would no longer be plain William?

3. WilliamTM thread starter macrumors member

WilliamTM

Well, whatever I change it to it'll free up "William" for someone else to use, and since it's a fairly sought-after name, I thought I'd offer it here before I do change it.