Anyone want to help with a quick Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nospleen, Mar 12, 2018.

1. nospleen macrumors 68020

nospleen

Hello,

Is anyone able to Photoshop this pic for me? My wife wants to paint the cedar columns and the arch the color of the rest of the trim. (not the railing)

If this isn't too difficult, can anyone take a shot for me? Sorry for the lack of quality pics, it's sunny out .

Attached Files:

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

I'll give it a go if you want. For all three photos?
    How quickly do you need the results? I need to finish up an application for uni first, so if it's urgent, someone else please step in - My ETA would be probably 5 hours or so - maybe early tomorrow (it's 5:24pm as I post this)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---
    Just to be absolutely sure though - You want the columns to be the brighter colours of their base, yes?

3. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68020

nospleen

No rush at all. Looking to paint later this week if it looks ok.

One or all is fine by me! I feel bad for asking! So please don't make this a priority. But, I just don't want to spend hours actually painting it if she won't like the end result.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

To be honest, I'd actually prefer making it a priority. I really enjoy doing stuff like this, and after writing loads of applications for different stuff this year, I've gotten really quite sick of it. But it must be done, so I'm restraining myself ;)
    Don't feel bad for asking though, as I said, I really enjoy doing stuff like this.

5. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Soo - bad news. You might want to see if somebody else can do it better than me, cause frankly, all of the tools I'd normally use for this just didn't like your images at all, and I had to try and do a manual paint job so to say, and I'm really terribly with the brush tool. Besides, since it just draws over it, it loses texture, which I tried to maintain be decreasing the opacity of the paint layer, but yeah, it just looks bad. Might still give you a rough idea of how the colours would work though, so I'll upload them anyways, but they really aren't good looking at all, sorry Badly made 2.jpg Badly made 1.jpg

Kinda embarrassingly bad looking...

6. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68020

nospleen

I really appreciate you trying to help! Thank you.

7. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

You’re welcome. Sorry I couldn’t do better.

8. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68020

nospleen

Don't be, I couldn't see it at all in my head, so it helped .