Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danjjj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Hey all!

I am in a pretty unusual situation here: I will be here in the U.S. (as a tourist) for the next 2 months. I am really eager to get a new iPhone, but it seems impossible for a non-U.S. citizen to buy that thing (SSN, credit check, etc). Also, I am not 18, thus I cán't purchase on Ebay.com.

I would like a 16GB iPhone 3G (don't care about the color). I will pay you $650 (in cash).

I figured out that you should pay $299, one month of At&t service, say $50, termination fee $175. $525, add some taxes max. $570. Easiest $80 you can make!

Contact me at danielsteinfeld at aol dot com! I am currently in Seattle, WA and I will be in Palo Alto, CA in the next weeks!!

Thanks!

michaelmaxwell2

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
Hey all!

I am in a pretty unusual situation here: I will be here in the U.S. (as a tourist) for the next 2 months. I am really eager to get a new iPhone, but it seems impossible for a non-U.S. citizen to buy that thing (SSN, credit check, etc). Also, I am not 18, thus I cán't purchase on Ebay.com.

I would like a 16GB iPhone 3G (don't care about the color). I will pay you $650 (in cash).

I figured out that you should pay $299, one month of At&t service, say $50, termination fee $175. $525, add some taxes max. $570. Easiest $80 you can make!

Contact me at danielsteinfeld at aol dot com! I am currently in Seattle, WA and I will be in Palo Alto, CA in the next weeks!!

Thanks!

That 80 dollars will most likely go to the bill. People tend to forget that they have to pay taxes and pro rate charges for the first month's bill...... And also you forgot about the activation fee.

nhw

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2004
no...

u wont be paying $299 if you cancel the contract. its gonna be $499 + all those other fees....so....whoever is helping u get the iphone 3g, isnt gonna make anything....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.