anyone watch highdef transport stream (.ts) files on VLC player??? come here please

mackaveli

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Hi, i'm just wondering if you do play highdef transport stream (.ts) files using VLC player if you can tell me what kind of playback you are getting because when i play some 2minute clips or so the playback stutters every once in awhile like every 20seconds or so.

I'm just wondering what kind of mac you have and version of VLC player you have and maybe what kind of options you selected in VLC player to get the best performance.

I have a PowerMac Dual 2.3ghz 1gig of ram and the radeon 9650. I read that the graphics card doesn't matter when using VLC player so is it my 1gig of ram that is slowing down my performance?

i would like to have crisp playback cause its annoying watching video clips and it stutter randomly. Thanks

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
VLC suppose to work doesn't work for me on a large HD 1080p TS file (42gb), but it could be the file. Seeing no video or audio, although the progress bar is moving. No errors.

0.8.6.i
Intel C2D Mac

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
VLC suppose to work doesn't work for me on a large HD 1080p TS file (42gb), but it could be the file. Seeing no video or audio, although the progress bar is moving. No errors.

0.8.6.i
Intel C2D Mac
As soon as i read '".ts" file', i had to check it out, cos I have similar questions about a certain video that i have obtained and is also exactly 42 gigs :D