anyone watching the Emmys

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I wonder how some of these people vote, some of the shows are great but some of the stuff is just not worth it.

I am maybe a little upset that 24 is 0 for 1 at the moment.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
MacNut said:
I wonder how some of these people vote, some of the shows are great but some of the stuff is just not worth it.

I watched the En Memorial segment in honor of Don Knotts and endured the speeches from the three, face-fallen angels. Actually two looked pretty well preserved. Farreh looked like she could have used a draw of formaldehyde. :p

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
i absolutely despise award shows of all types. They all succeed in being the most dreadfully boring television i've ever seen. Each minute watched feels like an eternity, I wouldn't wish forced watching of award shows on my worst enemy :p

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I'm actually watching it now. Usually I just watch the first 15 minutes or so (the funny part), but this year everyone has managed to be funny (more or less).

I hope Bob doesn't die... ;)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
EricNau said:
I'm actually watching it now. Usually I just watch the first 15 minutes or so (the funny part), but this year everyone has managed to be funny (more or less).

I hope Bob doesn't die... ;)
Which Bob? :p
Dick Clark's bit was gutsy on his part, but sort of sad.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
MacNut said:
A lot of the time, they award whoever is flavour of the month. They usually reward a show for a few years, and even though it's as good as ever, they won't get the 6 nominations they used to get. They'll get 1 or something. Award shows are weird.

Oh, and I think it makes for boring television. :eek:

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Well...what's everybody saying now that 24 has won three major awards (actor, director, dramatic series) and is the talk of the town this morning?

I myself don't usually watch awards shows, because my favorites usually lose...but I find myself in the odd position today of not having seen three excellent series -- 24, The Office and The Daily Show -- walk away with Best Series statuettes in their categories.

Fantastic! :)