Anyone went from a S1 to S3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Vell843, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Vell843, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018

Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

Brought me a S1 back in August of last year (I know I was late to the game) and no regrets, just upset at myself for not investing in an AW sooner. No issues that I can think of with my S1, but I am thinking of upgrading to a S3 (GPS only/non LTE) within the next day or two and was wondering if anyone has done this and is it a night and day difference between the two?

2. lwilliams macrumors 6502

lwilliams

I just made that transition about three weeks ago. WOW! Yes. There is a huge difference in user experience. SPEED!!!

I did it because of the ability to have the cellular connection without my phone nearby. That has become a major plus for me. I never miss a message or call when I am away from my desk and wi-fi network. I mange three new car dealerships separated over a mile of highway. I can leave the phone in one office and get everything regardless of where I am. Fantastic!

I would not go back to the Series 1 at all!

3. Vell843 thread starter macrumors regular

Vell843

Cool, I guess my next decision is now whether to get the Nike edition or not since it’s the same price.

4. lwilliams macrumors 6502

lwilliams

I though nth same thing. Did not go with the Nike. Don't like the included bands.......so that would have added an expense out of the box.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The major differences is:

1). GPS
    2.) Twice the brightness
    3.) Much Faster dual core processor
    4.) Audible Siri
    5.) Battery life is much improved with the help of a much more efficient processor.

The Series 3 is a significant upgrade over the Series 1 in every way.

6. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

You forgot about the improved waterproofing in the S2 that carried over to the S3. S1 has the same rating as the original S0 in terms of water resistance.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The 50 Meter water resistance is also major. Given the Series 1 is only splash resistance rated at IPX7, the Series 2 and Series 3 is a significant selling point for swimmers or generally allowing more water exposure.

8. KrisLord macrumors 65832

I went S0 to S1 to S3.

The biggest thing for me is the usability of the OS. It’s no longer a frustrating experience to interact with the watch.

On the band options, the Nike sport loop is often in high demand on eBay as it’s not available separately. So you could sell it for more than the 50 (usd/£) they sport loops normally cost.