Anyone willing to help? Remote App and iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by downingp, Jan 1, 2012.

1. downingp macrumors 6502a

I want to subscribe to iTunes Match, but want to make sure I can control my iTunes library using iTunes Match (mac mini streaming) with the Remote app on my iPhone and/or iPad. If someone would be willing to try this out and let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you are already using this and can confirm or deny it works that would be great too.

Thanks.

2. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. downingp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok let's try this. Can someone who has iTunes Match tell me if the "cloud", not local music, iTunes shows up in the main library section of iTunes under Library -> Music? If so, I would assume that the remote app would work. The Home Sharing doesn't work with the Remote app because the music library shows up under the shared folder which is not in the remote app.

Thanks.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I can tell you this...the Remote app will show your Match music, provided your Home Sharing computer is on and iTunes is running. Remote doesn't care what songs are where...it just uses your library database from your Mac.

What Remote DOESN'T do, which makes me mad, is let you use it to navigate your music on the cloud without your computer on. Apple TV will let you load your cloud music, but there's no interface between the Cloud music and the Remote app.

The only way around this is to use your iPhone to play your Cloud music to the Apple TV via AirPlay. This works, but even on a fast network, it's SLOW.