Anyone willing to share their order number?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by blend1976, Apr 29, 2015.

1. blend1976 macrumors newbie

Hi! I wrote an email to tcook@apple.com, and I received a call from someone in TX who was "Very Concerned" about what I was saying about how there is no rhyme or reason for how these watches are shipping out. They asked me to provide order numbers for identical watch orders that were after mine (XX:04:51, 42MM SG Sport, Black Band), that had already shipped. I told her that no one is going to post their order number online, but I figured I'd ask. If you have already received your watch, I'm wouldn't think any nefarious activities could be done with it (although I admit I'm not sure).

I've posted the redacted email just as some small shred of proof. Anyone willing to help out?

Thanks!
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

They also said that no orders up to or past XX:4:51 for a SG 42mm had shipped yet, which seems crazy based on these forums!!

3. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Where is the part where they asked you to send other people's order numbers? I didn't see it in your picture.

4. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

That took place in the phone call from the Apple rep in TX. I asked her how I would get her any info if I got it, and she sent me that email with her contact information. I totally understand if people don't want to post their order numbers (is their a way to PM on this board?), but I'm not making this up:) I was surprised to even get a response to an email to Tim Cook. I saw in one of the other threads, it sounds like someone else got the same call.

5. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

I think your problem is that once people get the watch, they stop coming to the forum boards

6. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

why would apple want you to provide order numbers? shouldn't they have access to that information?

Ant

7. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Her statement was that "Apple takes this all very seriously, and we would be happy to investigate if you could provide us with order numbers that prove...." I doubt she can filter through 1000's of shipped orders to see the exact time they were placed, or maybe they did look at a sample pool and didn't see any anomalies.

I think you're right though...once people get their watches they aren't on the forums any more. Maybe I should go post in the "Show off your watch" thread:)

8. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

They don't need your order number to know they shipped some out of order. They just want to know how much we know.

9. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wonder what they would say though if I called even with 1 order number that shipped out of "sequence?"

10. Subdiv macrumors 6502

Similar situation back when the 2013 Mac Pro was first being shipped. We were keeping a spreadsheet where people could compare order times, locations, etc. There was very little discernible logic to the shipping order, but anyone who talked to the "lady in Texas" was told that they don't read MacRumors forums and she wasn't aware of any spreadsheet. Funny thing is, an hour after I talked to her, My Mac Pro went to "Preparing for Shipment." Not sure if it was a coincidence or not...

11. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I hope your right!! It's been about an hour now.....common TEXAS APPLE LADY!!

12. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

I'm sure there are many reasons that apple could give for why orders are shipped out of order... who cares... you'll never prove that Apple owes you a watch because someone else already got one. Life isn't fair. Instead of emailing apple try and so something less selfish with your time. Write a letter to your congressmen...plant a tree...adopt a pet from a shelter...enjoy the weather outside...or obsess over an apple watch you don't have. You are driving yourself crazy.

Its a free country so... who am I so judge - ignore everything I just wrote?

:apple: watch = power :mad:

13. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe you're just not as excited as the rest of us. I already did those other things...now I want to play with my watch:)

14. randalblanken macrumors regular

This is really intriguing to me. There is another thread for white sport orders, and I just found out someone in the UK is getting her 42mm sport with white band tomorrow, that she ordered on the 26th. I ordered the same on the 15th (US) and still in processing. Someone else in the thread ordered on the 10th (Germany) and he's still in processing. Does country really matter that much or is something really wrong?

15. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish someone would post their order number so I could see what Apple's response is. I really think they are in denial!

16. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Im super excited. :eek:

I quit my job so I could devote more time to worrying about who already got their watch despite ordering after me.

I've called the FBI, the CIA, and the Presidents of the United States of America (the Band).

I've Also planned a first Birthday party for my apple watch..it will be exactly one year after it was manufactured. You're invited. :apple:

17. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

No. You are going way over the top. The best thing you can do is to wait like everyone else.

*Usually when I post something negative on the internet, a hero emerges. Hopefully you get a PM after this. Good luck.

18. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Maybe if I order an Apple watch every day, one of them will eventually get through... :p

19. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Apple have every right to ship their product in any order they please-- but as a customer, I do think people are entitled to some level of transparency and honesty regarding their order.

"We are prioritizing orders close to transport hubs" or "Orders were assigned to a shipping window based on order time, but randomly distributed thereafter" or even "New/Loyal and valued/High profile customers are receiving priority at this point" would be vastly preferable to telling lies.

If orders are not being processed in the order they were received, then the company should be responsible enough to make this information available to the customer, not tell lies in the hopes they won't be caught out.

Lying is irresponsible and undesirable business practice, so I think it's natural and right for people to be upset if they feel it's happening. It's less about people being owed a Watch and more about them being owed honesty from the company to whom they've shelled out hundreds of dollars.

20. brianld macrumors member

brianld

21. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that! Unfortunately your order confirmation is over a minute before mine, so it won't help:(

22. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

This is very much like my Mcdonalds analogy a while back. Yes McDonalds. Anyhow if you order a fish combo and they have to fry the fish. And then five ppl after you order burgers. But they have burgers ready. Do they hold everyone up because the fish combo was ordered first?

Same thing here with Apple, everyone orders a white or black watch. But you have plenty of green watches. Do you hold up the green orders cause the black and white watches were ordered first? No you ship what you have, even if it was ordered after someone else.

23. blend1976 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not looking for order numbers for green or white or blue watches. I am looking for Space Grey, 42MM Sports with a Black Band. I agree with you.

24. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Yeah I wasn't trying to call anyone out. But I was just saying in general, you ship what you have as soon as you can. Good luck with everything.

25. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Please someone tell me where is the evidence that apple is lying to their customer base... and what would be there motivation for doing so.?

There goal is to get as many watches into their customers hand as fast as possible..and they can pretty much get a watch anywhere in the world in about 48 hours... So why would they decide to skip over someone who ordered at xx:03 and ship the same model watch to someone who ordered at xx:05?

I actually want to know - please tell me. :apple: watch = power