iPhone X Anyone wish we had a Always On Display?

CrazyForCashews

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2018
An always on display would be nice but it's been mitigated by the tap to wake feature on the newer iPhones.

Eduardmc

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2017
Always on display doesnt cause burning. Every minute it switch position to a different part of the screen. Doesnt drain much battery. And u see all ur notification avail at all time without waking up the phone. Apple will probably never do it. There answer will be... get an apple watch

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I hope not. I had an S8 for a couple of months and I hated the always on display! I didn’t see the point of it because the phone had a notification light.

Macalway

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2013
What?

Why would anyone want that except for movies or interaction with constant input? You say it doesn't use that much battery. I find that hard to believe. But I don't know.

TheMountainLife

macrumors member
May 24, 2015
May not be for everyone but having the option would be nice.

AOD is one of the reasons I switched. I work in loud environments sometimes and having that / led light is helpful without compulsively waking the phone or taking it off the Qi charger. Little to no impact on battery and adjusts with ambient light and turns off the screen when it detects when face down or in pocket/purse.

Aside from that its best use for me is checking time between sleep and not wanting to be blinded.

The Game 161

macrumors Core
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I wouldn’t be against it and would be useful at night to check how long I have to get up but bet that light would annoy me. Certainly the misses

During the day? That’s what my watch is for