Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_LeaFy_

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2016
Just out of curiosity, has anyone of you with 16-24 November got improved delivery date? I'm still hoping it will arrive faster...

Last edited:

illcoolz

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Not yet, I keep checking every hour ;p

Mostly because of the people who got bumped from 1-2 weeks to the launch day

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
ONly tmobile buyers with a certain delivery date are getting bumped up, im guessing it was originally a glitch. I have yet to see any other dates moved up and highly doubt it(especially for international buyers).

Reactions: Olivia23

illcoolz

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
ONly tmobile buyers with a certain delivery date are getting bumped up, im guessing it was originally a glitch. I have yet to see any other dates moved up and highly doubt it(especially for international buyers).

I bought a T-Mobile 64 GB, Black

_LeaFy_

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2016
Well I'm from Europe so I bought sim free 64 space grey.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Not yet, I keep checking every hour ;p

Mostly because of the people who got bumped from 1-2 weeks to the launch day

I was a 1-2 week who got bumped to 11/3. 95% of us ordered T-mobile phones within 5 minutes directly from Apple. The general consensus is there was a glitch of some sort, so it wasn’t really a bump. Prior to the bump there were only two people who ordered a T-mobile phone through Apple that received a launch day order.

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012

Verizon user here, my 64gb Black got a nov 3 date but my wife’s silver was nov 10-17, checked last night and hers was bumped too Nov 3 as well. So it’s not just TMobile

sparkhill

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
I doubt delivery dates in the 2-3 week group will get moved up until the phones hit preparing to ship status. I think the phones will arrive earlier but Apple,will not adjust delivery dates until the phones are ready to go out the door. This is how it worked for me with previous launches. It also allows Apple some flexibility to juggle the queue a bit at their discretion while maintains their original promise.

illmatic41

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2012
Verizon user here, my 64gb Black got a nov 3 date but my wife’s silver was nov 10-17, checked last night and hers was bumped too Nov 3 as well. So it’s not just TMobile

There are few Verizon users that got bumped to Nov 3 from Nov 10-17...you're probably the second Verizon user I've read that got the nov 10-17 date in these forums. From the Nov 10-17 check-in thread, it looks like any or all T-mobile users that got in an order within the first 7 minutes was automatically given Nov 10-17 if choosing delivery instead of in-store pickup. I don't believe there were any AT&T users with Nov 10-17 delivery.

Only Apple knows why all or the majority of T-mobile users were given that 1-2 week shipping period initially and then bumped/corrected to release day. The T-mobile GSM only phones are the only ones that you can buy without entering provider info, and cannot be bought online with the iPhone Upgrade Program as a new member. That's the only difference I can see as to why T-Mobile phones got kicked down a week for delivery. The Nov 3 bump may have a correction after evaluating the supply chain.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I don't think Nov 17-23 will be getting it Nov 3.

HOWEVER, I think you can see it ship around release date to arrive the following week. I think having it by the 9th or 10th isn't impossible.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I ordered through AT&T yesterday around 3:00 PM and got a delivery date of 12/4 to 12/18, which I was happy with. I just received an email from AT&T that my date has been moved up to 11/27 to 12/4. This has made me a lot happier. :D :D

Reactions: pat500000

_LeaFy_

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2016
Bumping this thread just because in the other 16-24 delivery 95% of users are from USA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.