Anyone with 27" iMac willing to help?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by domaso, Sep 27, 2012.

1. domaso macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'd like to ask if anyone with 27" iMac would be willing to kindly help with some measurements.

I'm working at a company which makes screen filters/protectors (privacy, anti-glare filters, etc.). I have to make a CAD of 27" iMac glass. I already measured 21.5" model, but don't have access to 27" one...
    I need these dimensions:
    iMac 27" needed measurements

It would be great to get measurements as accurate as possible (at 0.5 mm accuracy). I believe the rounded corner radius (R), iSight clearance (C) and diameter (D) should be the same as in 21.5" iMac, but worth checking..
    (on 21.5" iMac they are: R=16mm, C=5mm, D=5mm).

Thanks a million! ;)

2. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I assume that I'll get a share of the profits?

3. goatbike macrumors newbie

I use an iMac 27" when creating 3D models in Solidworks. I can get you the dims you need or maybe a 3D model as well. Send me a message if you interested.

4. domaso thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm just a designer not the owner of the company, I was thinking someone could kindly give me a few dimensions for free.. :(

5. domaso thread starter macrumors newbie

I must be super stupid... I can't find a PM function on these forums. (Can it be restricted to new users?)

It would be great to get the dims, 3D model is not needed (I'll just do a 2D CAD for manufacturing).
    Thanks so much ;)

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Only kidding mate.

7. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Pardon me for asking the obvious, why not simply go to an Apple Store or reseller and measure for yourself?

8. domaso thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think they would be very happy seeing me measuring their iMacs... :)