Anyone with 4.1 GM able to comment on changes to FaceTime Activation method?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bella92108, Sep 4, 2010.

1. bella92108 macrumors 68000

So I'm curious as I haven't seen any comments on this. Since the current iPhones use a text (which really sucks if you're international because it's hit or miss in activating, and expensive $$$).... but since the iPod Touch will have FaceTime in 4.1 I'd imagine it's either through email or iTunes or just direct to IP over the internet.

Anyone with 4.1 GM want to address this one? Not sure if it'll be obvious, but since 4.1 + iPod Touch are on this week's menu, would be nice to know. That feature change alone might be worth me giving up my jailbreak because right now anytime I travel anywhere besides AT&T network and swap sims, it fails to activate and just costs a bunch in international SMS.

2. JDNGuru macrumors member

I got FaceTime to work on a U.S. T-Mobile using the MiTime app. Well worth $8.

3. bella92108 thread starter macrumors 68000

I know you're newbie but that's not the question I asked. The REASON you have to resort to using MiTime is because of the way apple activates the FaceTime. I'm asking THOSE WHO HAVE 4.1 if they've noticed how it activates.

And PS FYI - Your solution is great for you who's on T-Mobile but for someone who's traveling the world every other week (me) and using a different SIM in different countries... the facetime has to be reactivated every time the sim is removed.