Anyone with 9.1 and OS2?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by EdisEdward, Sep 21, 2015.

1. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

Trying to figure out if i have to downgrade to 9.0..

2. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

i have it downloaded and ready to install when i get home tonight... So yes it's possible with 9.1.

3. EdisEdward thread starter macrumors 6502

cool got it to work, just had to restart my phone and watch

4. Filin Contributor

Filin

I have reset Watch (reset and erase data), then pair it again, and install watch os 2.0

5. CockneyUSA macrumors newbie

OK, here's my summary: I'm on 9.1B1. I rebooted both the watch and the phone. I was not seeing the update but when I put the watch on my wrist and tried the update showed up. I allowed it to do the preparing and then i paused to allow me to put the watch back on the charger. It then verified and stared the install. It seems to be the communication with the watch that caused the verify to hang.

6. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

I'm on 9.1 beta 1 and successfully installed OS2. It really does take a while, though, so be patient. For some reason if you don't see the update prompt on the Watch app, reboot your phone, it should do the trick. And yes, if your Watch's battery is under %50; it will stop the update process and tell you to charge your Watch first.

7. papbot macrumors 6502

No issues.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Of course not and no issues. Remember in a few weeks most people will be on 9.1 and 9 will no longer be signed. How would they get an :apple:Watch then?:eek:

9. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

I'm on 9.1 I am not seeing the update. I restarted my phone. Still not there.

10. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

Try rebooting your watch and turn bluetooth off and on after you do so?

11. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

i had major issues, it finally did work and now the bluetooth notification keeps blinking like its connecting and disconnecting constantly. The weather app does not work nor does the weather complication now. no location is shown on the map says its not connected to phone, but it is. Siri does work on watch now. Not sure what I am going to try to do. sorry I'm on 9.0

12. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

I've rebooted everything twice. Toggled Bluetooth. This is what I have to show for it:

Attached Files:

13. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

Interesting. I did not even have to do anything for it to start downloading - it was already 1/3 through when I realized that my iPhone was downloading something. There were three conditions on the update screen: 1) Both devices in range, 2) Both devices on Wi-Fi, 3) Watch plugged in & charged over 50%. I wonder what's wrong with your setup.

14. NYCMacPro2008 macrumors newbie

I was banging my head against the wall with this one. Im on the 9.1b1 and just got this to work.

On the phone go into your watch app>settings and find and delete the beta profile. I probably installed the IOS9.1 profile when I was downloading those profiles from Apple. There was that watch one there and I think I grabbed it.

I deleted the profile, rebooted phone and watch, and update showed up immediately.

Hope that helps someone