Anyone with a 21-inch iMac?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Reaktor5, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Could you do me a favor by measuring from the stand to the start of the screen (including the base, chin, and bezel)?

I'd like to know height wise if the 21 or 27 inch screen makes sense for my desk. Ergonomically, I'm wondering if I can get away with having it on my shelf.

[​IMG]

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

Looks like the 21.5 iMac is best for your desk. The 27" might be too big if you're sitting that close and you'll have to move the speakers. That being said the 27" is really nice depending on what kind of work you're doing. Audio mixing, and video editing really benefit from the extra screen space not to mention just about every other task you can do with a computer.

3. Reaktor5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

I was leaning toward the 21.5-inch but 27 inches would surely be nice in Logic. I'd be sitting so high up that my monitors wouldn't be placed right though.

My posture isn't the best, so I'm worried that the 21-inch screen will be too high on my monitor stand. Should your eyes be in the middle of the screen when sitting, or more towards the top?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

More towards the top. I do video editing on the 27" LED Cinema Display and it's perfect. I'm also very close to it about 2-3 feet when working. I'd highly recommend it but also consider waiting for the next gen iMac refresh coming this year.

5. Reaktor5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Definitely waiting at least until September 21st, which is when the Back to School promotion ends. If nothing is out by then (hopefully within the next few weeks with Mountain Lion though), I'll probably buy refurbished. Money is burning a hole in my wallet!

Either way I think the 21-inch will be a big improvement over my failing 2008 15 inch MBP.

I actually just found this handy page I never knew existed: http://www.apple.com/about/ergonomics