Anyone with a base 15" 2016?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BdotEscro, Jul 22, 2017.

1. BdotEscro, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017

BdotEscro macrumors newbie

BdotEscro

I plan to use it for programming and graphic design. No gaming or video editing.

I just couldn't afford the 16 gb variant. I really don't need tons of storage since I'm running a NAS for all my media needs. I'm feeling buyer's remorse. Is 8 gb of ram and 256 gigs of storage good? I'm not all too familiar with the MacOS

Also, how's Apple with refurbishment?

Edit: I don't know why I was thinking this model only had 8 gb of ram.

2. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

8Gb of ram will get You By, but if you plan on keeping the computer for several years 16GB would have given you more years of use plus you’d be able to throw more at it if you needed to. I would have also gone for the Radeon 460 for 3D graphic design. 256Gb of storage seems rather low to me, but it seems you have an NAS setup so that works.

I’m a computer science major and have some 3D graphic classes I need to take. I got the fully maxed out MBP with touch 2016 because I wanted a computer that would last me several years. My previous MBP was a late 2008 model, also maxed out, so that thing lasted 8 years.

If you are still in your 14 day return period I would consider upgrading. If money is an issue then the refurbishments are a great option. Apple provided their standard 1 year warranty on their refurbished computers too.

3. alias99 macrumors regular

All 15" models have 16gb ram standard there is no 8gb version.

4. Rina11 macrumors member

Rina11

Yes this !

5. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

The 2016 did though, didn't it?

6. BdotEscro thread starter macrumors newbie

BdotEscro

For some reason I was totally Under the impression it had 8, I was wrong. Oh boy do I feel Much better now.