Anyone with a Canon PIXMA iP100?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by puma1552, Sep 23, 2010.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I've had a PIXMA iP90v for over three years now, and it's been fantastic. Before that I had the iP80, both of which are the portable predecessors to the iP100.

After extensive deep printhead cleanings today (3) along with nozzle checks and printhead alignments, I still get ever so slight smudging in my text documents. I believe a new printhead would solve this issue.

But I was thinking maybe after three years, and with a new laptop on the way, it may just be time to upgrade to the iP100.

While I find the iP100 kinda ugly, and would much prefer to get another fresh and new iP90v, I'm not willing to pay the $350+ the remaining iP90Vs go for. That said though, the iP100 is technologically more advanced, so I'm considering it.

Anyone use one who can share impressions?

2. uniforms macrumors regular

I have the ip100 and am very happy with it. I ave been using the portable cannon printers for a long time. I started with the 70. I find the 100 to be very durable. The only thing I really hate about the printer is when it tells you it's out of ink, it stops printing, even if there are no signs that the ink is out. I also bought the battery and find it lasts a good long time. I also got the Bluetooth add on, but found it didn't work well. I still think I prefer the 90 more so because of the ink issue. Good luck on your choice.

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah these little printers have proven relatively bulletproof, my mom also had a BJC-70 or whatever the one with the number 70 in it was way back in the day, lasted many years.

Speaking of the ip100, aren't they way overdue for an update now? It's been out over two years.