Anyone with a Galaxy Active watch?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Dave.UK, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dave.UK macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

Hi everyone,
    Noticed a few weeks ago my Galaxy Active would make a clicking sound when it vibrated. Very annoying sound!

Sent it off and got it back a few days later with just a flash of the software. As soon as I turned it on it was clicking with the vibrations.

Sent it back again and repair center have just called. They said this is normal when on maximum vibrations. I tried to explain it never did it before, and my other devices (gear fit 2, gear 2, gear sport) don't do it when on maximum vibration. I asked whether they had looked inside the watch and he said no.

So seems like I'm going to get the watch back with this horrible clicking sound.

Does anyone else's watch make a clicking sound when it vibrates?

2. Roadstar macrumors 65816

Roadstar

I haven’t noticed this with my Galaxy Watch Active. Have to keep an eye on it, though.

3. tann macrumors 68000

4. GrumpyMom macrumors G3

GrumpyMom

Honestly, I went back to my Apple Watch so I don’t know if it would be doing this over time. As I recall, it made no sounds when it vibrated.

5. Dave.UK thread starter macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

Thank you.
    It never made this noise since I got it at launch until a few weeks ago. The "engineer" tried telling me it's standard.

Hopefully they will open it up after being prompted by me to have a look inside. Will have to see what it comes back like!

6. Dave.UK thread starter macrumors 65816

Dave.UK

Just got my watch back.
    As if by magic, it works perfectly after they replaced the vibration motor!

Can't believe they tried mugging me off saying it was normal!