anyone with a hydration pack that fits their MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThereGoesJB, May 21, 2012.

1. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

i love my camelbak mule backpack but it would never fit my laptop, anyone here use a hydration backpack that fits their macbook pro?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I dunno that seems a little risky, have the MBP right next to device that holds water. What happens if it springs a leak?

3. guspasho macrumors regular

Shouldn't you be asking this on a Camelpak message board?

4. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Just looked up that backpack, never knew something like that existed. Thanks!

5. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

i dunno id prob have an equal chance of someone like you saying i should ask on a mac forum

6. MrBullet macrumors member

Bit of a weird combination. Hydration packs are usually used for trekking, climbing, skiing etc something I wouldn't have thought you'd take a laptop with you.

Oh-well.

Is it the Camelpak brand you want specifically? Or with any other brand of hydration pack suffice?

Usually Camelpaks are relatively small but I know for a fact Dakine produce rucksacks with a hydration bladder inside which should fit a 13''-15'' MBP in, maybe a 17''.

Plus, being rucksacks I would imagine there was some sort of waterproof barrier between the compartment and the water bladder.

7. withfilm macrumors newbie

Check out these bags. Pricey, I know but a good long term investment. I have the GR1 which is an outstanding bag. Will hold up to a 17 MBP.

https://www.goruckgear.com/

8. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

Clik elite. Awesome pack for photographers that fit computers too

9. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

yea to clarify, it does not need to be camelbak brand. I was hoping for one just since the one i have is my all time favorite backpack... i didnt even know backpacks were something i could get excited about before owning it.

As a result of this i would love to own one (or another great backpack brand) that holds a bit more to use as a general backpack that is also hydration compatible.

Lots of backpacks can fit various laptops, so i figured id try my luck with finding someone who has their own *favorite backpack* that also fits their 13" or 15" MBP.

I have never had any leaking issues, (camelbaks in particular keep the water in an enclosed insulated section which i guess also lessens the potential)

thanks for the suggestions

10. Panther Al macrumors member

Another good place to look for those is www.uscav.com. Its geared to the military true, but they have some really clever bags and such like that is rugged as much as you could ask for.