Anyone with a Tom Bihn "brain cell" ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacFever, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MacFever macrumors regular

MacFever

2. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I have two vertical Brain Cells--one for my MBP and one for my MB.

I highly recommend them. The material is very soft and the case provides great protection.

To top it all off, Tom Bihn has amazing customer service, in my experience.

I don't have any scratches--from the Brain Cell anyways.

3. darcytb macrumors newbie

Disclaimer: I work at TOM BIHN.

The inside of the Brain Cell is a soft, brushed tricot similar to what you'd find lining the footbed in the interior of nice running shoes. It definitely won't scratch your laptop. We've been making the Brain Cell with the tricot interior for 10+ years. I have a 15" MBP and Tom has a 13" MacBook, and we both use the Brain Cell. :)

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I bought a Brain Cell a few years ago for my Powerbook, then got another one when I got my MBA. Highly recommend them, not a single scratch caused on either laptop by them.

5. roxnadz macrumors regular

Another thumbs-up for Tom Bihn Brain Cells.

Got a vertical in 2006 for my 17" Powerbook. It's carried it, and a 15" MBP for nearly 4 years now without issue. The powerbook rode inside the Brain Bag while I walked, biked, trained and flew around Europe in the summer of '06. Inside is very soft, even to this day. You won't be sorry with this purchase.

And I do NOT work for Tom Bihn. :)

6. benchobi macrumors newbie

I also have the vertical Brain Cell for my 17" UMPB. It travels with me daily and so far no problems.

When I first got my BC I was a little shocked the soft fabric didn't extend all they way to the top, over and around the flaps that close the top of the BC. I was worried the material used for this portion would buff the end of the MBP as it has a coarser feel than the softer fabric. So far no problems reported from anyone who has owned one and my MBP looks as good as the day I bought it.

I don't work for Tom Bihn either, but I'm happy with my Brain Cell and Brain Bag combo. :cool: