Anyone with a watch for collection in store had payment issues?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Totalkharnage, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

I reserved an Apple Watch for collection in stire and just had a notification From apple telling me my payment has failed.

After ringing the bank (Lloyds) I was told it’s not an issue on their side and even tried a second card online from a different issuer which was declined.

I rung Apple and the chap I spoke to said is this is a common issue they have with collection in store. He assured me that everything was okay and the payment will be taken on Friday before I go to collect in store but I’m not so sure. He even checked my order number and said everything looked fine and he’s had a few cases like this.

Has anyone else, especially in the UK, had similar issues?

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

Whilst apple normally have well trained agents on the phone, I’d call back.

When I ordered my iPad Pro, I used Apple Pay and the delay between ordering and my card being charged meant it failed. When I spoke to the first agent he said he’d sorted it but there was no change in the online status which still reported the payment issue. I called back 2 hours later and the the 2nd agent said the error hadn’t been cleared.

Thankfully he fixed it and within 5 min my order status updated.

The fact your collecting in store makes it a slightly different process and more likely that if there was an issue, someone in the store could fix it - if I hadn’t called my shipment would never have dispatched.

3. Ad13 macrumors regular

I had the identical issue as you but with First Direct. I wondered if it was something to do with Apple Pay. The bank representative told me that they had lots of people calling in with the same problem. They said they hadn’t declined the payment, but it was an issue with the merchant. Placing the payment without Apple Pay worked immediately.

4. 0-0, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

0-0 macrumors member

0-0

I had this exact same issue. Received email that payment has failed, I tried another card but also failed. I pressed the option to try and reauthorise the original payment method which was apple pay and this went through. Did you manage to make payment in the end? Im also in store pickup.

5. Totalkharnage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Did you have it for in store collection or delivery?

I did try an AMEX Card but that declined too although was showing a pending payment when I checked the app on my iPhone.

6. Ad13 macrumors regular

Store delivery

7. 0-0 macrumors member

0-0

does anyone have preparing for shipment after these errors?

8. Ad13 macrumors regular

Mines still on processing items. I spoke to Apple chat and the payment has been cleared. From past experience, and if memory serves me right, the shipped part is skipped if it’s going to store and goes right to pick up.

9. Totalkharnage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Damn. I’ve just tried my card without Apple Pay and declined again.

Never had any issues even when paying the full amount for an iPhone before.

10. Ad13 macrumors regular

If you’ve tried a few times, perhaps
    your bank’s fraud department have flagged it up as suspicious and blocked the transaction. Might be worth giving them a quick call so see why it’s not gone through.

11. Totalkharnage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Don’t think it’s my bank. Been on the phone to them and it’s not been declined for fraud reasons.

Tried a different American Express credit card and got same issue. Even tried my wife’s card and same issue so must be on Apples part.

I’m inclined to believe the Apple rep I spoke to so going to cross my fingers and try my luck going to pick up in store as planned on Friday morning.

12. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I paid using Apple Pay for instore collection. Just checked and my payment seems to have gone through according to my banking app.

13. Totalkharnage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Thanks. Might try again tomorrow and ring up Apple if I’m showing the error.

14. Totalkharnage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

Update on this. Rung up Apple again and spoke to a lady in the aftersales team who said they’d seen this a lot and was due to me using Apple Pay failing at checkout for payments over £30 but then locking me out online from being able to enter any other payment details.

She took my card number manually and managed to sort it. Back to ‘processing’ and no error message showing.

Phew! Roll on Friday.

Thanks for all your replies.

15. 0-0 macrumors member

0-0

Did everything work out in the end? Has your card been charged?