Anyone with an early 2008 mbp 2,4ghz, temperature help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by robgoblin, Feb 8, 2011.

1. robgoblin macrumors member

I would be really greatful if someone here who has a early 2008 mbp 2.4ghz could post their idle and full load CPU temp. i just applied new paste, and might have overdone it a bit. mine is idling at anywhere between 40 and 60 C. but if i push max load with cpu test or coolbook, it goes up to 100 before fans kick in. it would be really good for reference to see what others run at. but for it to be useful, it have to be the same type of machine.. big thank you in advance!!

2. segers909 macrumors regular

These are my temps at idle: http://easycomputerupdate.com/dropbox/20000192a80376145ec479d5cf7a3196.png

And under 100% load I get up to 102 degrees celcius.

3. wesrk macrumors 6502a

get smcFan control here
    right now my cpu is at 60 celsius with a couple flash videos on youtube if that helps in any way

4. robgoblin thread starter macrumors member

thx! i got smcfancontrol. have at 3000rpm minimum. it helps. my idle is really good now that my new thermal paste have started to set in. around 40C. so thats nice, however, in full load the 2.4ghz seems to be wanting to reach 100C no matter what i do. But looking at many posts on the subject, i think its somewhat normal. No good.. but normal. The response time of the fans are also a factor ofcourse. thx again for replying.