Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
I have an 07 G35 sedan, and had no issues with my Bluetooth on the 3GS. Since upgrading to the iPhone4, i'm unable to use the Bluetooth feature in car. Anyone else experiencing similar issues???

thanks

Ferrd

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Hi,

I have an '06 g35 coupe and have had no issues with Bluetooth on either my IP4 or my wife's 3GS running ios4.

You might want to delete and re-pair the phone. Might help?

Pheelyx

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
Arkansas
If people are saying you sound muffled when your on the call with them, it's not your car. It's the iOS 4.0 software. Just returned my phones for this reason.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I'm having a similar problem with the Kenwood in-dash navigation systems in my husband truck & my SUV (we both have the same after-market system). Everything worked fine with the 3G & 3GS but the 4 has us sounding muffled.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
My bluetooth works find on 4.0. Not sure about 4.01 yet as I haven't tried it. However, I've heard that 4.1 has the updated and better bluetooth profile data in it. So wait on 4.1 and see if it clears things up.

EatMyApple

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
I have a G37S with no issues.

Side note: My mom just got a new M350 and her 3G will not connect via BT. My iPhone 4 does just fine though. Anyone know why??

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
Thanks everyone... I'm going to check in with the dealer this weekend and see if any software updates for the car might be available... I've really only got it to make phone calls via bluetooth once, all other times it connects but fails out and wont dial...

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
08 G35 and have had a 3g, 3gs, and 4 all have had no problems with bluetooth, I use it almost daily. Every once in a while in the morning I have to cycle BT on the phone itself to get it to sync up but that only happens once a month at the most.

iPhoneHome

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
While we are on the iPhone / Infiniti tip. Does anyone know if Infiniti releases updates to the software? I have an '08 G35 and want the A2DP feature that the '10 models have.

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
While we are on the iPhone / Infiniti tip. Does anyone know if Infiniti releases updates to the software? I have an '08 G35 and want the A2DP feature that the '10 models have.

Infiniti does release software updates on occasion, but only for fixes. (I just got a software update that improves iphone/ipod compatibility on my 2011 M56) Unfortunately, I've never seen them do an update that adds features (such as would be found on future models)

Pete

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
Infiniti does release software updates on occasion, but only for fixes. (I just got a software update that improves iphone/ipod compatibility on my 2011 M56) Unfortunately, I've never seen them do an update that adds features (such as would be found on future models)

Pete

I wonder if an update similar to that on your m56 is available for the G's...

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
I wonder if an update similar to that on your m56 is available for the G's...

I think the update I got is available for other models, but I suspect that the 07 G would need a different update, given that it's an older version of software. I'd recommend contacting your dealer first, and infiniti consumer affairs second.

Pete

richstar

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
obex opp errors on evo

I have an M35x '07 no problrms connecting Any phone, but I have a problem transferring contacts with my bb and evo, keep getting "obex opp" errors with my evo, I installed bluetooth file transfer and I still get the error. I suspect the cars firmware is the problem, anyone know if infiniti offers an update for this or is there a work around for contact transfers?

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
I'm having a similar problem with the Kenwood in-dash navigation systems in my husband truck & my SUV (we both have the same after-market system). Everything worked fine with the 3G & 3GS but the 4 has us sounding muffled.

I have a Kenwood DDX-512 touch screen dvd/cd/navigation player in my Charger as well and I never had a single issue with any previous 2.xx or 3.xx in my old 3G phone.

Since updated to iPhone4 and new iOS4 I hear "Youound muffled or like your sunder water all the time" and the odd thing is sometimes (maybe like 15%) they can hear me fine.

The other issue is how it pairs with my deck It my in dash bluetooth doesnt see incoming and outgoing calls at all, when I get in the car while on a call it doesnt pair right at all and freezes up my deck.... and almost every time I make or take a call they say its nothing but muffled!

I sure hope Apple is aware of this issue and just reverts whatever they changed in the bluetooth software back to how stable the old 3.x.x was working before for all in car bluetooth users.

I tell you what 4.1 is going to be the make it or break it software update. number 1 if the proximity sensor isnt fixed this piece of crap is gone, secondly a semi deal breaker will be them getting this bluetooth software right next time.

Apple has really screwed the pooch with this new phone!

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I remember reading an article about people with Pioneer head units hving issues with the iOS 4 software.

I am having issues. I have a 2010 Hyundai Tucson and an iPhone 4.

When I had my 3GS everything worked fine, with the iPhone 4 it is buggy.

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
i got a 2010 g37x coupe. Ill be getting my iphone on friday and ill be sure to let you know right away. Maybe check myg35.com and see if anyone has issues.

cinlil

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
Nissan Maxima & iphone 4 bluetooth problems

I can't get my iphone 4 to synch with the bluetooth in my car, which is an 09 Nissan Maxima. Any suggestions? Never had a problem with my old phone which was a sony ericsson.:(

geque75

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
I have a G37S with no issues.

Side note: My mom just got a new M350 and her 3G will not connect via BT. My iPhone 4 does just fine though. Anyone know why??

Drove an G37 the other day... that thing will scoot. Love the G37S.

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
I was recently at the Infiniti dealership, and no recent software updates have been issued...Sux

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.