Anyone with an unlocked/jailbroken 3g not receving push alerts?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Chili Bowl, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Chili Bowl macrumors newbie

I'm having issues with my push services especially with Beejive and Textfree. Is anyone else with an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 3g having issues with receiving push alerts?

2. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Dont have a 3G but my unlocked 2G is also not getting any push alerts from beejive either. On the other hand my bro`s official 3G is having no troubles with push. Is there anyone with an unlocked 2G or 3G who is getting these push alerts?

3. Chili Bowl thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured its because if your phone is jailbroken and unlocked through a sim card other than AT&T, it wont work. Im guessing your phone has to be activated through an AT&T sim card. So I googled and found this link http://thebigboss.org/2009/06/23/so...ut-working-push-or-ultrasn0w-signal-dropping/ followed the steps by Tyson and now now im able to get push notifications on my 3g. But still no solution for the 2g yet.

4. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Good to know your`s is working now. I was anyways, all set to buy the 3GS as soon as it`s available in my country. So this will give me even more reason to get it. Unfortunately that wont be till Aug:(. And no more jailbroken/unlocked iPhones for me. Too much trouble.