Anyone with C39 serial number 4S with good battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by helix21, Oct 21, 2011.

1. helix21 macrumors regular

I went to the Apple store today to have my 4S that would burn through 40% battery overnight replaced. Sadly, the problem doesn't seem to be improved and I notice that both the models had a serial number beginning with C39. C39G to be more specific.

Does anyone have such a 4S that's performing adequately for them?

2. cababah macrumors 68000

someone already made a thread trying to find a correlation between battery and serial number and there was no definitive pattern.

3. ScottW1, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

ScottW1 macrumors regular

C39G here (64gb black).

Great battery life, much better than the 3GS it replaced. I have not disabled anything. Three "push" email accounts (icloud, gmail setup as exchange, yahoo), several pop3 accounts set to manual (which I usually check every hour or so). Location services on, bluetooth on, wifi on, etc. I typically get to the end of the day with >50% left, whereas with the 3GS I was frequently down to 20%. When not used (other than perhaps a notification or two), it seems to burn about 1% every 2 hours.

Just my opinion, worth every penny you paid: I really have to believe the battery problems some are having is environmental. By that I mean it is something about their particular 3G signal strength, or particular wifi router brand/model, or particular application mix, or some setting (especially if restored from a previous OS).

No doubt there are some "bad batteries", but when it follows you to two entirely different 4S units (your original, and the replacement) then it seems more likely the problem is not the hardware, but something interacting with the hardware.

4. Mattyk182 macrumors member

My 4s is c39 and I just got it yesterday. After letting it almost die and charging it to 100% yesterday, I'm getting pretty good battery life. Played angry birds for almost 2 hours and I'm at 64%. That's pretty damn good if you ask me.

5. jasonki32 macrumors newbie

I have C39G and the battery seems to be way better than my 3GS. I have disabled bluetooth and some location services.

6. helix21 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm going to be going home (good signal) from my uni dorm room (bad signal), will report back to see if there is significant difference. The 4Ses(?) for me have certainly been far worse than even my old 3GS when it comes to battery life! Perhaps that down to the inability of the 4S to disable 3G? My 3GS often had it disabled.

7. mcfly2 macrumors member

I have a 'C38' that was having horrible battery life. What fixed it for me was to remove all unused accounts (under Settings->Mail,Contacts,Calendars), and completely turning off notifications for the Calendar app (under Settings->Notifications). What led me to this was an app called 'AppSwitch', which shows system messages being logged to the console.