Anyone with experience gluing down the bezel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frikfrak, Sep 7, 2008.

1. frikfrak macrumors regular

After one with a yellow screen/case cracks and one with dead pixels, I finally got one that's 99% perfect. The 1% that's bothering me is there is a gap between the bezel and the back case at the lower left corner of the phone, and partly up the left side. It's just enough to get a fingernail under, but not enough to make me risk another exchange. Since the bezel is glued to the back case, I'm tempted to try to glue down the problem corner. So, anyone here have any experience with this? Specifically, what glue did you use? Advice and thoughts appreciated.

2. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

pictures

from my experience it was pointless to try to swap my old iphone for a new one, it wasnt any better in build quality ( no more dead pixels though)

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

4. frikfrak thread starter macrumors regular

Can't do a picture because I've already fixed the problem! I used plain old superglue, a few drops right into the gap and then spread a little bit with a toothpick. Then pressed the bezel down against the back cover for 30 secs or so and pronto.....perfect bezel alignment.

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Nice that's a great and quick fix. Where the world would be without super glue and duct tape?

6. fandsw macrumors regular

Be VERY careful doing this: super glue is very prone to fume up clear surfaces such as glass or plastic.

7. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Totally off subject, but I fixed one of my PSP games today with super glue! good fix!

8. frikfrak thread starter macrumors regular

Good advice. It took me a while to calm my nerves and get up the courage. I was worried that I'd mess up. I did get some glue on the back case and bevel, but was ready for that and managed to get it all off immediately and completely. As long as the glue holds, I have a perfect iPhone. If it doesn't hold, I guess it's another trip to the Apple Store.