Anyone with experience using clip on lens attachments? Moment, etc.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I am super tempted to get the Moment Anamorphic lens.

was wondering if anyone had opinions on it and using it.

I’m a huge fan of filming in that aspect ratio and think I’d love if my phone could do it natively.

alpi123

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2014
I had an anamorphic lens for my 6s and it was very fun to shoot with. It was a clip-on (more like slide mechanism from the top), rather than in a case. The downside though was that I couldn't use that specific brand of lens with any case or glass screen protector.

There are plenty of reviews on Youtube for this particular lens you're looking for tho.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I had an anamorphic lens for my 6s and it was very fun to shoot with. It was a clip-on (more like slide mechanism from the top), rather than in a case. The downside though was that I couldn't use that specific brand of lens with any case or glass screen protector.

There are plenty of reviews on Youtube for this particular lens you're looking for tho.
Went ahead and ordered it and the case on discounts! I love the results I’ve seen on YouTube. Thanks for the reply.
What benefit does the lens provide over apps that give the same aspect ratio?
Apps that shoot in this ratio without an added lens are simply covering parts of your image with black bars. This lens actually distorts the iPhones view to see wider image, then the app “de-squeezes” it to correct it. In the end you get the actual widened picture instead of anything being covered up.