Anyone with experience with GelaSkins for iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by fredleysir, Mar 3, 2008.

1. fredleysir macrumors newbie

I was looking to order one of the GelaSkins (gelaskins.com) iPod art skins, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinion on them? I already have my iPod in a clear plastic shell and thought it'd be cool to display the GelaSkin artwork through the shell on the back. However, I don't want it to be permanent or leave any sort of residue or anything as I'm looking to eventually sell my iPod for an iPhone.. so.. anyone here with any first hand experience with them?

2. jmlg macrumors newbie

I have one on my iPod Touch and love it! I actually installed it over and Invisible Sheild (The sheild continues to cover the corners pretty well as the Gelaskin does not)

According to the manufacturer, the skin will leave no residue on the device when it is removed.

Here are a couple of pics of my touch...
    Pic 1
    Pic 2

Hope that helps,
    John

3. fredleysir thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks for the reply... I didn't know it didn't cover the corners.. What shield do you have on yours that covers the back and corners as well?
    And where did you get it from? I've only really seen them on the gelaskins website, just wondering if they are available anywhere else for cheaper.

4. kaenai macrumors newbie

it's actually called "invisibleShield", like he said; I have one on my iPod touch as well, and it's great! of course, I was a bit impatient, and I installed in very dim light, so it's probably not applied as well as his. :D

You can find it at invisibleshield.com

You can also try decalgirl.com - they aren't as artistic (and still don't cover sides/corners), but there's a lot of variety.