A lot of what you ask is iOS versus Android debate, which is covered ad nauseum in other threads. But, for the sake of trying to help, I'll try to be brief.Galaxy Nexus owners,
I'd like to know some info as my contract with AT&T is about to end. I am checking possible options for a successor to my iPhone 4.
Before, I would have been strictly only looking at Apple.. Ignoring anything and every other smartphone available. With the playing field more leveled in 2012 than ever before, we have a lot more options in the market.
If I do get a Galaxy Nexus, it will be the HSPA+ model currently being sold at $349 on Google's Play store. My network will be prepaid with T-Mobile ($30/ mo) or Straight Talk ($45/mo).
I've done a lot of research in my own time, but I wanted your personal input as it is difficult to test / play with the actual device anywhere. Dummy versions of it at Best Buy can't justify the Vanilla Android experience.
Here are my 10 questions:
1. How was your experience moving from an iPhone/iOS and switching to Jelly Bean? Was it difficult / scary?
2. How did you integrate your information from the Mac or PC with Android?
3. What are your favorite Android features that iOS does not have or does not do well in? And vice versa.
4. Did you have an iPhone before? If yes, what made you switch to Android? If no, you're welcome to explain the reason to upgrade.
5. Are there any steps or advice you may have for potential OS switchers?
6. What are the top 5 tweaks / apps / things you did to it? Any recommendations?
7. Did you put a case on it? Get the extended battery? Other mods?
8. What speeds do you get with your network? Does the hotspot feature get blocked or restricted at all?
9. Are you using a pre-paid plan or contract? Which company and carrier?
10. Why did you get the Galaxy Nexus? Would you do it again?
Thanks for your time!