Anyone with issues canceling a Verizon plan on iPad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biosci, Apr 19, 2011.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Two days ago, I canceled my VZ iPad2 plan because I won't be needing it for two weeks. I did this all from the iPad2's interface. I received a confirmation email and everything. Today, I noticed that the plan was still active for another month! Anyone have any issues with their systems doing this?

Mike

2. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

you pre-pay so its good for the time period you paid for and then should be done once that time period is up (30 days).

3. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right, so I pre-payed for the month which ends today. I cancelled two days ago. However, today, it's now showing that I have another month with the reset data usage good until 5/18.

Aren't these systems supposed to know what day it is and what actions were marked on the accounts?

4. tirnszw macrumors member

Same exact problem here. I made sure to cancel the plan through iPad on the last day of first cycle however, I found another month of charge just this morning on my bank account despite the confirmation email received right after the cancellation request. Anyone called Verizon regarding this issue yet?

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

Verizon charged me for the next month a few days before my current month had expired. I think you need to cancel a few days before the end of your month not to be charged again.

6. tromo macrumors newbie

Having just signed up for a month, buried in the ToS was a sentence about how you will be charged (autorenewed) a day prior to the end of your period. I believe there was also something about having to call VZW if you cancel after the autorenew but before your period ends.

7. tirnszw macrumors member

Refunded

Followup:

Verizon has refunded the charge.

I made sure to cancel the service a day before the end of the billing cycle shown in the iPad settings however, I was charged for another cycle. Talking to the customer service rep today revealed that billing cycle shown in the iPad settings was one-day later than the actual 30-day cycle of the service and that Verizon charges for the service every 30 days, not beginning of the billing cycle shown in the settings. Tricky...

At first the rep insisted no refund possible as it has already been a couple weeks but, after consulting with her supervisor, she came back with the good news that I was granted full refund and termination of cellular service.

So make sure to cancel the service at least few days prior to the end of the billing cycle to avoid automatic renewal of the service.