Anyone with mlb.tv?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Mar 10, 2012.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I'm confused about mlb.tv's blackout policies.

Since I live in Minnesota, and I go to college in Iowa, with an mlb.tv premium subscription, are the Minnesota Twins blacked out?

And in general, are people satisfied with the service?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If you are in a team's blackout territory, then you cannot get thier games on mlb.tv and must get them via your local cable/satellite provider. Unfortunately, it looks like all of Iowa is in Minnesota's blackout territory:

[​IMG]

mlb.tv is really only good if you're a fan of a team way outside where you live or travel a lot. The blackout policy sucks and needs to be updated for the 21st century. It was put in place back when the internet was unheard of.

3. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm not sure what the Twins blackout restrictions are - but if you go here (scroll to the bottom of the page) you'll be able to input your zip code at school to see if you'll be able to watch.

As far as the service, I've had it for years and I love it. The quality has always been really, really good for me (even on my phone and iPad). I love it - especially the ability to watch on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, and ATV2 - and also the ability to watch the home or away broadcast.

It's more than worth the $125 - as long as your Twins aren't blacked out of course.

----------

As soon as the cable networks find a way to make money from advertisers to broadcast online they will remain in place. It's about advertising $$ and nothing else. If you are in market, they want you watching it on TV - more ratings = more $$.

4. Surely, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

Surely Guest

Surely

Yankees suck (•͡. •͡┌П┐ :p

5. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Thinking about getting this since I moved out here to the left coast and miss my Reds.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Why is everyone picking on me? :( :D

And it's not Moyank24 anymore. It's mr. bandwagon. :rolleyes:

7. marc11 macrumors 68000

I think you can watch the local teams after the game is over from the archive. For me being in Japan I gave no blackouts and get to watch my Mets lose all summer long. For the price MLB TV is a great value if you are a big baseball fan and or follow teams outside of your home market or do not mind watching delayed games.

8. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Are teams blacked out based on your billing address or the actual location of the IP address that is trying to watch the game? For example, if I'm from New York could I watch a mets game from my hotel in Memphis?

9. marc11 macrumors 68000