Anyone with non-grandfathered plan had luck getting AT&T unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macdude2, Mar 31, 2011.

1. macdude2 macrumors regular

Has anyone had any luck calling AT&T and getting an unlimited data plan without being grandfathered in? I'm wondering if it would be worth a shot to just call and be polite and ask; I've had unlimited iPhone data for a long time.

Probably a lost cause, though... :(

2. PCClone macrumors 6502a

Has anyone that is paying for internet and cable tv had any luck getting it for free?

3. macdude2 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd hardly call that the same thing. Not seeing the correlation...

4. Phillyfan1290 macrumors newbie

I work for an At&t retailer as a sales rep and while it def is possible its gonna take about an hour and for you not to be polite.

Best option is to go directly to the cancellation department tell them you want to cancel because of it and move your lines over to Verizon since they said they offer it. they will try and try and so forth. If they cant say just want to try to speak to your manager before i do this maybe he can do it. if it fails just hang up and go with the 2 gigs.

5. macdude2 thread starter macrumors regular

I was hoping I could do it and be polite. I'm not going to yell at someone over an unlimited data plan. If it doesn't work, I'll just go with 2GB.

6. Phillyfan1290 macrumors newbie

being polite and being firm are 2 different things imo. If you just be polite there is no issue for them to say no. If you be firm and try to demand it or you will cancel your chances def go up. Expecially if you been with At&t for awile. They lost enough customers to verizon they dont wanna lose more.

7. Built macrumors 68020

Slim-to-none = Your chances of getting the unlimited plan.

8. Phillyfan1290 macrumors newbie

never hurts to try. I have gotten unlimited data on iphones before but ipads may be different. either way keep us updated.

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I bought an unlimited sim off eBay and love it. Works just great and I feel free as a bird

I see in this thread someone mentions threatening to cancel as a way to get it. That worked right after unlimited was ended but it won't now and this forum has seen probably MANY posters use that line with zero having success.