Anyone with this (black line) issue with Yahoo Weather?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ginsengsul, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Ginsengsul macrumors newbie

I'm on my second iPhone 6 and am having a weird issue with Yahoo weather app where a black line appears across all of the images only in portrait mode. The line is not there on landscape (see attached pictures).

As far as I can tell, there is no black line on any other apps or home screen etc. I actually returned my first phone because I was worried that this was a sign of a dead pixel or something. Anyone else with this issue?

Attached Files:

2. Oversoul macrumors member

Yes! Both my wife's and my iPhone 6 have that line in what looks exactly like the same place.

3. retrospek macrumors 6502a

retrospek

Yep - I have the same issue - I initially thought it was a defect on my screen :roll eyes: but if you check the reviews on the App store you will see that other people have the same issue..

4. Ginsengsul thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok...I searched the forums and reviews (I guess not hard enough) and didn't see anyone else complain about it. Hopefully something they can fix with a software update...

5. jaw3net macrumors regular

jaw3net

Yahoo Weather and MANY other apps have not yet been optimized for the new screen sizes. Updates should start flowing this week.

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

You....returned the phone because of this?

For those in the future:

1.) If you can take a screenshot (not a photo), and it shows up in the screenshot, it's NOT a hardware issue.

2.) If it only shows up in one app, it's not a hardware issue.

Seriously... there are no words...:(

7. Ginsengsul thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I actually figured as much but didn't want to take any chances since the phone was only a few hours old at that point. The people at the store had no problem taking it back when I showed them either...

Thanks for the helpful replies, don't need to get into an Internet pissing contest this afternoon.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Thanks for pointing out something that I hadn't noticed before. I don't care much about it because it really only shows in blue sky backgrounds.

Yahoo'll fix it soon enough.