Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ginsengsul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I'm on my second iPhone 6 and am having a weird issue with Yahoo weather app where a black line appears across all of the images only in portrait mode. The line is not there on landscape (see attached pictures).

As far as I can tell, there is no black line on any other apps or home screen etc. I actually returned my first phone because I was worried that this was a sign of a dead pixel or something. Anyone else with this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0567.PNG
    IMG_0567.PNG
    774.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0568.PNG
    IMG_0568.PNG
    877.5 KB · Views: 59

Oversoul

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
Yes! Both my wife's and my iPhone 6 have that line in what looks exactly like the same place.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Yep - I have the same issue - I initially thought it was a defect on my screen :roll eyes: but if you check the reviews on the App store you will see that other people have the same issue..

Ginsengsul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Oh ok...I searched the forums and reviews (I guess not hard enough) and didn't see anyone else complain about it. Hopefully something they can fix with a software update...

jaw3net

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yahoo Weather and MANY other apps have not yet been optimized for the new screen sizes. Updates should start flowing this week.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I'm on my second iPhone 6 and am having a weird issue with Yahoo weather app where a black line appears across all of the images only in portrait mode. The line is not there on landscape (see attached pictures).

As far as I can tell, there is no black line on any other apps or home screen etc. I actually returned my first phone because I was worried that this was a sign of a dead pixel or something. Anyone else with this issue?

You....returned the phone because of this?

For those in the future:

1.) If you can take a screenshot (not a photo), and it shows up in the screenshot, it's NOT a hardware issue.

2.) If it only shows up in one app, it's not a hardware issue.

Seriously... there are no words...:(

Ginsengsul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah I actually figured as much but didn't want to take any chances since the phone was only a few hours old at that point. The people at the store had no problem taking it back when I showed them either...

Thanks for the helpful replies, don't need to get into an Internet pissing contest this afternoon.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks for pointing out something that I hadn't noticed before. I don't care much about it because it really only shows in blue sky backgrounds.

Yahoo'll fix it soon enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.