Anyone with White iPhone 4 - Question for you

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by onne2slick, May 11, 2011.

1. onne2slick macrumors regular

I bought the white iPhone 4 and I'm not sure if it's just my phone. Return policy expires tomorrow and I don't want to check their display models since it's far away. But does anybody have discoloration on their screen? Not the black screen itself, but the white part. I have a grayish hue around the rim of the black screen. Maybe it's just the board behind the screen, I don't know. I hope I'm not the only one. Can someone confirm?

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

I got mine in the mail yesterday. I haven't switched from my black yet so I couldn't tell you BUT if I were you I'd be on the safe side and return that sucker

3. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

The thing is, the gray hue is perfectly symmetrical. That's why I assume it's somethig on the back of the screen. Forgot to mention that. Somebody confirm!!!

4. Bobbytoad macrumors member

Bobbytoad

What do you mean black screen White screen? If you mean white is switched on then the answer is no the screen should be uniform White ( or more likely yellowy tinged) so no shadows or uneven colouration

5. mltaylor macrumors regular

Yea. I'm thinking a pic is the best way to show us.

6. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

What are you talking about.. the discoloration I see is not on the black screen. It's on the rim around it. Meaning, it's on the white plate.

7. Psood21 macrumors member

I have the same thing as OP. I think wht he means is the white bezel area on top of home button, it has a greyish tinge to it.

8. falconfour4 macrumors newbie

yeah noticed it on mine too. it looks like the edges of the LCD panel behind the screen.
    the white of the phone seems quite translucent and not solid white, i like it though :)

9. onne2slick thread starter macrumors regular

OKAY! Thank God I'm not the only one :) I figured it was something behind the LCD since the hue was so symmetrical.

10. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Yeah dude, mine is the same. You gotta admit you did not do a very good job explaining that. If it wasn't for the other guys post I would still be trying to figure out what you were talking about.

11. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

The white paint reflects shadows very well in certain lighting conditions. There is nothing wrong with your device.

12. Sam.I.Am macrumors newbie

I just bought a new white iPhone 4 last Friday (the 13th) and noticed the same thing. It looks a little unsightly to me and I am thinking of returning it to Verizon but a new one would probably have the same problem so I may end up going to black. I had a white 3G and a white 3GS prior to my iPhone 4 and never experienced this issue.:confused:

13. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

That's because they had black fronts.

There's absolutely nothing wrong. It's definitely not an issue. If you don't like the aesthetics of the white iPhone 4 then, yes, I guess you should return it, but it's just the way it looks.

14. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I notice this on my 3GS. It's just the space in-between the bezel and the LCD. Nothing out of the ordinary. You'll notice it on most LCD screens, although it may not be as apparent the bigger the screen is.