Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

popsandfriends

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
ello,
To anybody who works Loss Prevention (assets protection), or any employee of Best Buy, I have a few questions. I am 17, and applied to the LP and PC Repair job on their careers site. I got a call this afternoon and I have an interview for Thursday afternoon. I want to let them know I am interested in LP first, because not only do I have a general understanding of loss prevention, but I know most of the laws and procedures. I would be quick to train. Would training be on-site, or would I actually be sent (flown?) somewhere to get it? What does a LP officer at Best Buy do, in an every day routine?

Thanks I might have more questions later depending on your responses.

Hunter

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
Hunter, I recognize and encourage your enthusiasm, but I gotta break the news to you my friend. They are not sending you anywhere. This is not the FBI sending you to Quantico, it's just bestbuy. You watch people, look at a camera once and a while, and then call me, or me 3 years ago when I was a police officer. Have fun, don't be overly enthralled with the idea of stopping bad guys in the interview, but be sure to express your interest.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I think they'll give you a way cool badge to put on you blue shirt.

popsandfriends

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Actually, im a bit relieved that you said its not likely they would send me out for job training, I hate to travel! My friends brother was an APO at Target, and he was sent to Boston for three days for his job training, so I figured I would ask about that. I am mainly excited for this job, because when I'm 21 I'll be attending the Maine Police Academy, and hopefully landing a job as a local police officer soon after. This would be great experience.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
Not to burst your bubble, but are you sure best buy hires minors into their assets protection division? I know Target doesn't.

EDIT: Either way, you should still apply for the position, worst case scenario it shows interest and you can try again whenever you're 18.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.