Anyone works on Wall Street?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Skeva31776, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Skeva31776 macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone works at NYSE, NASDAQ or other exchanges. I have alot invested in the market and as we all know we have been hammered. Just wondering what is the real mood among traders that work in these exchanges, is the worst yet to come or there gonna be a bull rally in next 6 months. Hope so my Apple shares been hammered!!!!!!!:mad:

Havent sold any positions yet!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

I don't, but a few guys that I used to work with do work on nasdaq. I talked to one of them about a month ago and he seemed to think that it will continue to worsen until late next year. Don't sell your stocks; now is the time to buy if you can afford it.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Then you have lost nothing.

If you have time to recover, hang tough.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Time to buy, especially indexed funds that just follow the market overall.

5. Skeva31776 thread starter macrumors member

The fact that its only paper losses so far is keeping me sane! Added about $10k of Apple at $92 so hope to make good return on that in next 18 months.

Obama has hard job ahead of him, get donkey Bush out now!!!!!!!!:mad:

6. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Nobody really knows but the consensus is that things will get worse before they get better.

And I'll agree that now is the time to buy if you have free cash to do so. I've been slowly dumping cash in, setting limit buys lower and lower that keep getting filled.

I'm young and have all the time in the world for these stocks to recover.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I'm an investment banker for JP Morgan and i work with alot of traders and brokers. all i can say is hang tough once the market bounces back you will be rewarded for your patience, also if you can buy more shares of whatever stock you own at the lower prices you should as the whole market is on sale right now.

8. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

as long as you're not buying GM or the others. I agree, a great time to purchase.

9. Skeva31776 thread starter macrumors member

Have more cash but dont think i got the balls to investment more now!!

10. BengalDuck macrumors regular

Nobody will ever be able to properly predict the bottom. There's really no sense in trying to guess it, either.

Just buy when you feel the time is right, the risk/reward is worth it... I invested (and I'm a college student) some money two months ago... but I don't regret it. I've suffered huge losses so far but I'm not selling. The economy will not be down forever.

11. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

lol yeah stay away from the big 3 american auto companies. they didnt get their bailout and its almost imminent that at least one will go bankrupt.