Anyone worried about server overload on June 15th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rubey81, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Rubey81 macrumors member

Wondering if Apple is under estimating the demand for the iPhone 4... hopefully the servers wont go down from all the traffic and the ordering process will go smoothly.

Has it been smooth on the other launches of the iPad and other iPhones?

This is the first time I am pre-ordering online.

R:D

2. Krayd2k macrumors member

Yea I am! That's why we should come up with a plan so we can take turns:D

3. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

Usually the problem is on launch day with the activation servers.

4. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

Considering how many people i randomly have come across that have no idea about the new iPhone launch. Im not worried. Just want my eligibility to not change. :apple::apple::apple::apple:

5. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

iPad preorders went smoothly, I imagine iPhone ones will too.

6. dwella1 macrumors member

Because we are on here talking about it seems like everyone is going to buy one but out in the world a lot of folks know nothing of this release and wont till some ads for the 4 start rolling out. Dont get me wrong there will be a lot of orders.

d1

7. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Not to worried just planning for the worst, and hoping for the best.

8. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Not only that but there are 4 other retailers (Walmart, Best Buy, Radioshack, AT&T) that will carry it. It'll at best run slow but you should be able to get the color and size you want no problem.

9. mac jones macrumors 68040

I wouldn't worry about it.

If there's a problem Jobs will just ask everyone in the world to turn off their Internet.

10. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

:D
    So very few things make me :D anymore, but that was freakin brilliant. :D :D :D

11. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

So funny!! :D

12. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but I think the number of people that pre-ordered the 3GS and iPad are totally different compared to the iPhone 4.

A lot of people on here are planning to pre-order from Apple, and then there are people that I have heard are going to do the same thing (and they are not on these boards). Plus, people on here are telling everyone to pre-order it through Apple!

13. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

not really.. it's apple i mean they have multiple servers in the USA and they can always forward the traffic to other servers around the world and back up servers.. I am sure they will have techs watching this problem very closely with there fingers on the buttons ready to forward people to others. ;)

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

It was a problem for the 3GS ordering. Took me about a half-hour to finally have the Apple store load and let me put in my info.

I don't know how it will be this time.

15. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

No I'm not worried. I'll definitely be on Apple's website on the 15th to pre-order, but they take several days of pre-orers before the shipping/delivery date changes. No need to fret :)

16. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

wont they let you activate at home?? Just upgrade in the store and have the new sim activated in the store and u plug up to iTunes at home

17. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Luckily my sleeping cycle is so fubared I'll be awake the second the pre-sale starts. I'm not too worried.

18. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I don't worry about things beyond my control, so no. It's how I stay calm and balanced.

;)

19. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am not worried

I just expect it

With the sheer number of people who are going to activating it....there is no way some problems will not arise.

I don't think all-day issues will come up but I wouldn't be shocked to see many not able to activate for a few hours like the last few

20. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

The older I get the more I find that what I expect is usually what I get. That's why I have started expecting great things to happen, and pleasant surprises around every corner. You'd be surprised how much that can change your whole life.

21. scottpuplava macrumors newbie

does anyone have an approximation of how long it takes pre-orders to sell out?

22. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Pleasant surprises for me is getting what I expected. So I look at a situation from a realistic perspective and go from there. In this instance, chances are very low that Apple/AT&T will get through the day without issues relating to the activation.

If you choose to look at situations based on sheer guessing, more power to you. I would never want to live such a life. I am much happier preparing and knowing what will actually occur.

23. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

That's not at all what I'm talking about, but that's okay. We'll just disagree. That's the great thing about life. We both get to live ours our own way.

24. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

If its anything like registering for classes on a Overworked College registration system. It makes pre-orders and activation look like a breeze.

25. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'll just try the Apple site first, and if that's not working, I'll try Best Buy's site, and finally Radio Shack. I figure I'm bound to get into one of them.