Anyone's 11 '10 getting absolutely abysmal battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by intervenient, Jan 24, 2012.

1. intervenient macrumors 6502a

When I first got it, it would run 6-7 hours at a time on a full charge. I just took it off the charger and I'm being greeted with 1:52. Is this a common occurrence?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

My mid-2011 11"'s battery has been unacceptable since day one, usually no more than 2 or 3 hours before I have to recharge.

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

Nope, I'm still getting a good 4-6 hours off a single charge.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

These two replies illustrate the fact that battery life from a charge is completely dependent on the settings and workload chosen by each user. If you're not getting good life from a charge, read the section I recommended in my first post.

6. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

The battery meter is constantly changing depending on the load you are putting on it at the time. If your playing a game it may show 1:30 hours left if you continue playing the game. If you stop playing and start using a word processor it might change again saying you have 2:30 hours left.

7. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

This has been my experience. I get varying battery life based on what I am doing i.e., playing games seem to drain the battery the fastest.

8. ejisfun macrumors regular

Yeah, my 4-6 hours is generally with just web browsing. I don't do much else.

9. torana355 macrumors 68020

If you stick to non flash based web browsing you will get your full 5-6 hours out of a charge, as soon as you start using flash or gaming this drops dramatically. On my new MBA 13" i can get over 9 hours if i just surf the web with flash uninstalled, if i turn flash on it drops to around 4 hours...