Anyone's 128gb iPhone 6 plus not crashing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thalazy, Aug 5, 2015.

1. thalazy, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

thalazy macrumors regular

I am on my 3rd iPhone 6 plus 128gb model. The phone has been working fine for the past few months. Today it started crashing like crazy. No apps were installed recently, no jailbreaking, no 3rd party apps (if that is even possible). I am at my wits end. I tried setting them us a fresh install and it continues to do so. I know 128gb are the only ones to have this issue. Has anyone with this storage size not have this issue? My phone is restarting during calls, when just sitting idle. I have the latest software version. I am at my wits end and not sure what I can possibly do. Any thoughts? My car is in the shop and will not be able to go to any Apple store until I know when I will get it back.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Funny you should ask. I went to open Messages when I saw your post and my 128GB 6+ crashed! LOL.

That said, I do experience to some degree what people speculate about on this, but I am not having serious issues where I just cannot use the phone at all. And I've never had it happen in a call although it has happened when I was going to MAKE a call or answer a call.

My 6+ is jailbroken (since about the first hour I owned it) but I doubt that plays too much of a part in this, other than ordinary JB issues.

3. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Try listing some apps you have installed?

Keyboards?

Anything?

4. thalazy thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your response.
    Sorry! I have a few games like Angry Birds, Periscope, Fruit Ninja. Some bank apps. No 3rd party keyboard apps, Ebay, Best Buy, etc. I still have 66 gb free.
    I talked with Apple and they want me to do another fresh install and then see if it crashes. If it does I am suppose to set up an appointment with my local Apple Store. I will probably end up seeing if I can get a refund and get a cheap phone until the 6 plus S is released.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Nope, I have not yet experienced this crash on my 6 Plus since the first I got mine. Works like it supposed to work.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Have had the 6+ from day one with ATT and I can not remember it ever crashing or even freeze. Even my 5S could not claim this. I do not think I have even rebooted my 6+ since the last update. I could not be more happy or ask for better.

Sorry you are having trouble but it, I think, is still the exception to have a 6+ rebooting all the time, hard to believe you have had three! Hope you get it worked out.