Anyone's 2011 iMacs freezing randomly after Lion upgrade?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by onthecouchagain, Jul 23, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Anyone's 2011 iMacs freezing randomly after Lion upgrade? Because mine is. I did a hardware test and resulted in no problems found (I do have Crucial RAM installed, but they never gave me problems prior to Lion install). I also did a repair permissions in disk utilities and it went smoothly, but the random freezing persists. Had to hard reboot twice today.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or might have a clue what the issue is? It isn't the 1 TB recall either (I have the base 21", with 500 GB of HD, no SSD).

2. ycwee37 macrumors member

i'mm experiencing the same thing, not constant freezing though..it freezed for the first time the day i upgraded to Lion..

3. Razdom macrumors member

4. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

That's exactly the problem actually, now that I come to think of it. I did try to play Quicktime when it first froze, and then another Flash video online (Jon Stewart) when it froze the second time.

Thanks for the thread, going to read it now...

5. RoyalFlushAK(s) macrumors member

No,
    I have a iMac 27", just installed the Lion the other day. No problems whatsoever. The machine is running even faster and smooth.

RF,

6. jonwiggler macrumors newbie

2011 base 27 freezing after playing youtube videos...happened about 4/5 times now...I've stopped playing them...

7. boogei macrumors member

Had one total freeze after clicking a youtube video,no response from anything,had to hit power button.

8. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Flash freezing my iMac is getting ridiculous. Flash videos are so prominent on the internet, it's near impossible to avoid.

What is the deal? I have the latest Flash updated according to Chrome and their main website. Is it just an Apple thing? I know Apple isn't keen on Flash, but it's near impossible to use an Apple computer without it whenever a video plays. This is my third one today.

I thought things were supposed to "just work."