Anyones elses 27 waking randomly from sleep?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by C8XY, May 4, 2010.

1. C8XY macrumors 6502

:confused:

No attached USB devices, factory install of OS X with all the updates including firmware. Wireless keyboard up to date. Batteries nowhere near flat…

Wake for network access yes but it shouldn’t be an issue as my old iMac worked perfectly with this feature?

2. yargok macrumors newbie

I had the same issue - and it didn't go away until I disabled the wake on lan option.

3. peteullo macrumors regular

I have noticed this also. Not very often but it does happen.

4. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's really, really annoying. Wake for network access is turned off.

5. slicecom macrumors 68020

6. WilliamG macrumors G3

I had never put my 27" to sleep, but mine started doing this, too. Figured out it was Bluetooth pulling it out of sleep. Go into Bluetooth options, and then "Advanced," and make sure the checkbox is unchecked for allowing BT devices to wake the computer.

7. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

OP is using a wireless (bluetooth) keyboard and mouse. Disabling this would not allow the keyboard or mouse to wake the computer (at least this is how it works on my MBP).

8. WilliamG macrumors G3

You can still use the power button on the iMac to wake it up. With a MBP in clamshell mode it's a lot harder, for sure.

9. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

This happened to me a few times, and then I disabled the option to wake up for network access and enabled put HDD to sleep when possible.

Since them, I can't remember it ever waking up, or maybe I was just in deep sleep

10. celticpride678

Disabling the "Wake for Network Access" option in Energy Saver Preferences (System Preferences) should fix this problem.

If not, try a PRAM and SMC reset.

11. WilliamG macrumors G3

Mine was already disabled when my iMac kept waking up. For me at least, it was the Bluetooth issue.

12. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

:( I like this option as I have multiple computers I can access the iMac without manually waking

Just done this, will see if it solves the problem. If not I’ll disable the bluetooth wake option and use the power button to see if this solves it.

:apple:

13. celticpride678

Well, that's most likely the cause. Most people complain about it and disabling it fixes the problem most of the time.