Anyone's eyesight got worse after using Glossy screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Son of Matrix, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Son of Matrix macrumors regular

Son of Matrix

I was told glare will cause harmful effects on your eyes, ie, increaing the chances to get worse astigmatism. Anyone experience that problem after using glossy screen for 1+ year now?

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I think my eyesight is getting worse but probably because I am just a year older! I use my MB for hours and don't have any problems like tired eyes.

3. joystik macrumors member

sounds ridiculous. I've been using glossy pc laptops for years.. Still no issue. People are just finding reasons to hate on the new mbp screens.

4. Nate025 macrumors regular

I've been using glossy screens for years now and my eyesight is no worse off than it was then. I get more eye strain from watching tv. ;)

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Actually, glossy screens have a much higher contrast ratio as compared to matte so implies that glossy screens are way more soothing to eyes than matte... no more hypermetro/myopia!

6. bigcat318 macrumors 6502

I opened this thread assuming the OP was joking. This is comical.

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

It is not a CRT so no screen flicker (unless you have a bad LCD setup). Your eyes should be fine, but you also shouldn't stare at a screen all day!

Get out and excursive both your body, and your eyes ;) .

[​IMG]

8. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

YES! But it turned out to be cataracts causing it, not the glossy screen.

9. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

10. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

11. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

WOW! People are retarded these days if they have to sue apple for making their eye sight bad...

12. eleven2brett macrumors regular

My eyes are burring out of their sockets! It feels like I'm looking into the Ark of the Covenant or something!

13. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

Thats so funny, thats the first thing I thought of when I started reading this. Indy yelling out " no matter what....dont look at the glossy screen " :p

14. nick96ss macrumors member

nick96ss

you guys are so funny with all this glossy screen crap

15. Perk macrumors member

16. tivoboy macrumors 68030

In all honesty

In all honesty, I had a REAL problem with the glossy MB I had about 1.5 years ago. I LOVED the machine, but couldn't use it after 15 minutes. I tried to use it for three months, and I could only do 15-20 minutes of use. I finally was wearing sunglasses to use it.

I LOVED it, the machine was great and I am sure the new ones are even better, but the glossy I could just not get used to I have more than perfect 20/10 vision, and of course don't wear glasses.

The distracting images, mirror effect and reflected light in some conditions was just too much of a distraction.

Now, I DO think the new GLASSY screens are a BIT different, could be the LED or brightness. I MIGHT try it again, but with the current smokin deals on previous gen MBP I might go that route.

I also got Bells Palsy about a week after getting the original MB. My GF thinks it was the MB, I tell her it was a virus, but still the two occurred at nearly the same time.

17. eba macrumors regular

I got a new MBP. Then my daughter's goldfish died.

@%$&# Apple!

18. FuzzMonkey macrumors newbie

Too true!