Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
It tells me I have a notification and then when I go into facebook I don't really have anything. I have to hit the notification tab to get rid of it.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
It tells me I have a notification and then when I go into facebook I don't really have anything. I have to hit the notification tab to get rid of it.

Mine will tell me I have notifications that I've already checked off on the facebook website. I just open it to my feed and close the app right away. That usually clears them up. Facebook doesn't push like email does so you need to trigger the communication by opening the app and closing it. Kind of a pain but it's not really that bad.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
Mine will tell me I have notifications that I've already checked off on the facebook website. I just open it to my feed and close the app right away. That usually clears them up. Facebook doesn't push like email does so you need to trigger the communication by opening the app and closing it. Kind of a pain but it's not really that bad.

That way doesn't work for me. I have to go to the notifications tab to get rid of it but every time I go back to my feed it shows up again. I'm sure it's just a bug they haven't fixed yet.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl

Do you have the most recent version of the app? Check the app store for updates.

Yes I do. In fact, I've deleted the app and reinstalled it a few times.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I've had an issue where if I'm scrolling down the new feed and click to see older posts, it will just reload the recent posts for a 2nd time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.