Anyones friends getting annoyed at their constant iPhone talk?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Its just over 3 weeks until the UK iPhone release date, and i'm the only Apple fanboy out of all my friends and family, and i constantly go on about it. I can't stop.

Has anyone else been told by their friends or family that they don't stop talking about the iPhone?.

This threads mainly aimed at the UK people.

2. atavision macrumors member

speaking for Canadians, it is just a phone after all.
    don't get me wrong, it's a great phone, but it IS
    just stuff.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Friends aren't annoyed, i'm annoyed at them.

i've probably let at least over 300 people use my iPhone in the past month or so.

I'm in the U.S. It shouldn't matter though..

4. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Yeah! My wife is getting sick of it!!:D However if they came in pink I think it would be a different matter!:p

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

The temptation to talk about it incessantly is very strong, but I resist and just think about it non-stop instead!

I'm also finding that I am virtually living on this forum, with an insatiable appetite to hear any bit of news.

Roll on the 9th of November when my life can return to normal, except that by then I will no longer be iPhone-less.

6. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

See, people would now call us ''sad''. We're excited over a mobile phone.
    Haha, screw them. I'm soo excited!.

7. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

That's why I tend to only talk about it here, at "iPhone Addicts Anonymous"!

8. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

All my friends and family are fed up with me talking about iPhone especially when I tell them how many days are left...everyday :p

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Here too. Ive wound down talking about it, just not using it, still take it out every chance i get. But if someone gets me started, ill glady talk aabout it, and i love giving people "tours" of the iphone. :p

10. ajl917 macrumors 6502

It happens to me in America, I just tell them to **** off and maybe if they got a job, they could afford it. And they are the ones always asking about it, but they want a 2 word answer it seems.

11. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

ha, theres no going back to normal. Like you ive been glued to this site looking for any bit of news that comes out. And i have an iphone.

12. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

I find it difficult to avoid conversations about my phone. Sometimes I wish I had an average phone so conversations would stay on topic.

I try keep my iPhone hidden as much as possible and use the BT headset to talk while my iPhone stays in its case.

I think it gets annoying. I really don't want to talk about iPhone with people outside of the boards. If I feel like talking about iPhone i visit the boards because it serves that purpose.

In conversations I have with affiliates and new people, my objectives in conversations are geared toward other things and it gets aggravating when the conversation takes an unexpected turn toward my phone.

The second the person I'm talking to spots the iPhone I can almost see the mindset of the individual click into iPhone mode, and I think to myself "oh god noooo..here we go".

13. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I flat out don't talk about my phone, and I try not get it out in front of people. Why? My friends and acquaintances are weird, and they immediately start saying how dumb the iPhone is and how they have a better phone, yada yada yada.

You know I totally respect that they don't want an iPhone, and that they enjoy their phone, but why they have to be so defensive and praise their own, when I don't do that, is beyond me. Childish I find it.

14. ashtnn macrumors newbie

Being as I'm in highschool, and one of the only 2 in a school of 2-3k kids w/ an iphone, a lot of kids that see me with it like texting or changing songs while walking in the halls are like "WOAH IS THAT AN IPHONE!?" I reply yeah and keep walking lol. But no ones really annoyed though.

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Jealousy is a very negative emotion!

16. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Have you considered professional help?

My analyst is making a good living out of me, and has bought an iPhone for every member of his extended family out of the proceeds! :D

17. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

Haha, you iPhone whore! I hope you use protection...or at least clean the thing regularly.

I've reluctantly let quite a few people touch mine as well. They love how smooth and shiny it is.