Anyones iPhone 4 have dead pixels?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Jun 25, 2010.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Ive got a dead pixel on my unit. It is difficult to see since the resolution is so high, but its definitely there and i have to say im somewhat annoyed. i figure ill take it to the apple store in 2-4 weeks to see what they say (so they have stock (maybe heh)). am i being overly zealous?

anyone else have any advice? thanks

2. megsalias macrumors regular

I haven't noticed anything like that on mine, but it would be going back if I did. Tiny or not, it would drive me crazy.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

I'm good. O and I think you will only have 14 days.

4. ArcAngel66 macrumors regular

Thats only for returning them... There's no time limit on getting a replacement

5. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

ah thanks for the clarification, thats what i understood as well.

ive been having the worse luck with ipads and iphones. :( am i being crazy or shouldnt there be 0 dead pixels?

6. California King macrumors 65816

This may be something technical I can't explain or I just got lucky, but I had a 2-3 dead pixels on my screen and about a day later, they went away! And yes, I'm sure it wasn't a piece of lint or anything on the screen :rolleyes:

Also, isn't there a minimum number of dead pixels you must have for it to be eligible for replacement? I'm sure it's more than 3...

7. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I just got one today because I swear I did not see one since I got it yesterday. Its easy to spot to with my phone being locked. I will get some pics up in a few minutes and take a picture in the dark with it. Im not really upset about it, I'll just check tomorrow with the store if they have a replacement or wait until they do.

8. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

You guys must have good eyes! I tried and I didn't see any on mine. But, I think the resolution would make them hard to spot.

9. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

Im updloading it right now. Trust me I dont have good eyes. I only noticed it because I just had walked in my house right now and most of the lights were off placed it on the charger. When the battery icon popped up the pixel was there in bright green to the left of the screen. The same color as the battery icon.

10. xmtgx macrumors regular

More likely stuck pixels not dead then.
    Anyway the minimum number is required for larger screens by most companies. And if there not in the center of the screen it doesnt matter how many there are.
    Though I don't know apples' policy on this they'd probably replace it.
    Off Topic:
    One of there "Genius" broke my phone when he tried to replace the screen because one spot was darker then the rest... Got a brand new phone though. Free of scratches on the plastic!

11. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Remember: You can't see the pixels so you should be OK! :p

j/k

12. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

13. alana22 macrumors regular

I believe that is a stuck pixel not a dead pixel.. I think there are several programs/websites that produce a "strobe" effect on your phone in an attempt to unstick it

14. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I just googled it and there is a video on youtube that Im running right now. The video runs for 5 minutes and strobes several different colors. Lets see if that fixes it.

15. WilliamG macrumors 604

That image above is NOT a stuck/dead pixel. Perhaps a clump of them, but I had one on my first iPhone 4, and it was incredibly tiny. It would never show up on an image that small.

16. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

So I ran the video from YouTube (Stuck Pixel fixer) for about 10 minutes and it hasn't fixed it. I'm just going to call and see when they will have a replacement ready, no biggie. Besides that the phone is still awesome!

17. lunarcamel macrumors newbie

Exact same issue in the same spot - not a single stuck or dead pixel though , its some other defect. I see mine on a white background the most. They are sending me a new phone.

We'll see how that pans out

18. scovarrubias23 macrumors newbie

I had a dead pixel on day one! I was really annoyed with it as well. Yesterday I went to the apple store to pick up my wives iPhone and I told the sales rep about my issue, he instantly went and got my a brand new iPhone. No questions asked. The only thing he asked me was "how did you see it"? I told him that I was cleaning the screen and thought it was dust at first than I noticed it wouldn't come off.

19. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

So I called and the store I bought my Iphone 4 has no replacements for the 32gb at the moment. He set an appointment for me at 1pm with a Genius Rep. They're going to check it out and then order me a new one. I'm not really bothered by it as long it gets replaced, Im fine with it.

20. Fisticuffs2065 macrumors member

Ah damn. I remember my 3g had a dead pixel and I had to get it replaced. Apple is VERY cool about replacing them though. They did it in a heartbeat for my macbook AND my 3g.

21. hlysmksbtmn macrumors member

i have 2 stuck pixels but aren't noticeable unless I turn the brightness up all the way. I already put an invisishield on this so i'm not going to bother. I'll end up selling this next year anyways when the iphone 5 comes out :)

22. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I have 2, but they go away when I'm about a foot away from the screen. Damn the retina display, makes it harder to get a replacement!

23. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

i do have a year to get it checked out though, right? ill probably take it back within 2 weeks just to be safe.

its really such a minor issue though with this new screen.

24. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502