Anyone's iPhone 4 randomly turning on the lockscreen? [video]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmwall, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cmwall macrumors regular

I've noticed that lately my phone will randomly illuminate the lockscreen and I have no idea why.

It has nothing to do with my connection, because even in Airplane mode this happens.

Is there any way to stop this? It likes to run the battery down very steadily.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yn0G1uZD30

2. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

bump- I know it's against the rules, but I would love some help.

3. Slypr macrumors member

Happened to me once that I notice so far, no clue why though.

4. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

It's still happening for me and I have no idea what to do about it. It's periodically and it runs the battery down very harshly. :mad:

5. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Still occurring. There is no setting that I can change to help it- I've reset all settings and still nothing. It only doesn't happen when the iPhone is plugged in. Should I try a restore?

6. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

7. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

mine does this. i have an i3G and it started occurring after i installed iOS 4.0.

8. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Have you found any way to stop it? I'm glad to know it's not my hardware, though.

9. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

lol its one problem after another with these new iphones. thankfully I have not had any issues.

10. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

well, don't discount the hardware....that could be contributing to it as well.

my 3G isn't as bad as what your video shows, but my phone will turn on/off throughout the day. i sit it on my desk at work and i notice it turn on.....then off........and it repeats occasionally. it's draining my battery too, so that's annoying as well.

11. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

this is the only issue I've had. Everything else is working beautifully.

Yes, and now it is doing it even more frequently.

Should I contact Apple or any customer service about it? I hear it is very congested customer service, right now, though.

12. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

I would go straight to a store first and see if you can get a swap-out. Otherwise, give them a call. Either way, do NOT accept the faulty product. You paid good money, so go get a good product. :)

13. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

It's that big of an issue? I was thinking just a software problem. Maybe I should restore and see if that helps.

14. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Restored- still same issue. About to call Apple.

15. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

if you're close to an apple store, go there first. i'm sure they can swap it out immediately. if you call applecare, you may have to wait for a new one to be shipped to you. and with the weekend here, you could be w/out a working phone all wknd. just my opinion tho....

16. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

It works- it just loses battery with this when it's not plugged in. And I would rather not replace the entire phone unless I need to.. It is amazing. I was assuming there was a setting or some sort of reset I could do to stop it. Tomorrow, I think I will swing by the Apple store and see if one of the workers know what's going on. I really hope this is a software issue.

17. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

This is still happening and I'd love any feedback :eek:

I really want to avoid going to the store or calling Apple. Should I wait it out for the next update?

Restoring did not work.

18. Nick A macrumors regular

Is your case's to tight and pressing on the lock button?

19. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Not using a case. See the video, please. It's like a minute long.

20. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone getting this problem? Came across it? I really need to fix it badly. Please help.

21. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Something else with a wireless signal seems to be doing it by what happened at the end of the video

22. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

Doesn't seem to be it. I just turned my phone on Airplane mode and disabled notifications. That should mean no connections are being made, yet it's still occuring.

This is the only damn issue I have with this phone. Apple, please fix it.

23. cmwall thread starter macrumors regular

24. phearx macrumors regular

Obviously no one has a solution as of yet, or someone would have replied with a solution. Just go to the apple store and see what they can do.

25. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

go to the damn store or call apple. why the hell you keep asking people here to give you magical words to fix it is beyond me. obviously no one can, so pack up and go to the damn store for help or call apple directly! geez, not that hard, but you sure are making it....