anyone's iPhone randomly make the text noise?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Mar 18, 2009.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

this very very very rarely happens, but i have seen it happen 2 or 3 times for me. the text tone will go off, but there is no unread message or anything so im confused why it does that.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

3. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

This happened to me a few times several weeks ago. I did a restore for other reasons, and it stopped happening.

Don

4. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

It's a ghost's text message. It's sent by a ghost to your iphone so the ghost next to you can read it :eek:

5. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I get this every once in a while and think I'm going crazy.

6. Lau Guest

Funnily enough, mine's started randomly made the email noise recently when there hasn't been an email. I have no idea why though! Hope you figure it out.

7. aseewald macrumors newbie

aseewald

If you receive a text message but don't read it (as in, don't press any buttons on the iPhone), it assumes you haven't read it and will remind you by beeping again later on, I think it does that a couple of times in 10 minute intervals. Or something.

I think it's kind of useful. That could be it.

8. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

I've had it too, quite a couple of times. It happens 2 - 3 times / mth on average and i noticed it around 3 months back.

It dsnt happen enough for this statistic to weigh in though - a few times, this random text alert will come in shortly right after I've read a msg.

Never had the email alert thing though.

9. ShadowXOR macrumors regular

LOL

10. rannddeee macrumors regular

this has happened to me a couple of times. i hear the text alert thinking that it's a reply that i've been wating for, only to find out there's nothing. it makes me question my sanity!:confused:

11. sbrhwkp3 macrumors 6502a

sbrhwkp3

Yessss!!

THIS HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME!

Thank god. I thought I was losing my mind.:eek:

12. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Yup, my roommate (3G) and I (2G) have both had this happen. It's nerve-wrecking when I'm anxiously waiting for a reply and get a sound, only to be let down. HATER PHONE :p