Anyone's ML redemption code working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dailybibliotaph, Jul 25, 2012.

1. dailybibliotaph macrumors member

Like many of you I excitedly went online to get my redemption code for my rMBP. But when I went to redeem it in the App Store I get a message saying it was already used. A long call to Apple Customer Care - 30 minutes of trying to work it out - ended just know with, "oh, none of the "up-to-date" codes work, you'll get another code within 72 hours". This sounds very specious to me.

Has anyone used their codes successfully? I have a hard time believing that none of the codes work.

2. RH5 macrumors newbie

how did you get your code already??? they said they have to validate my purchase then email mine

3. stevelam macrumors 65816

same problem with me. when i tried my code in the app store, it says its been already used.

4. dailybibliotaph thread starter macrumors member

It's all online. Validation is very quick. You get the 2 emails within 5 to 10 minutes - that's how long it took for me. The 1st email has a serial code that's needed to unlock a secure PDF in the second email that has the actual redemption code.

5. dbam987 macrumors regular

Thats a pretty good way to secure these codes actually... though a bit convuluted.

I filled my form out about 5 minutes ago. Waiting for the email rather than doing work now :p.

6. oyebto macrumors regular

7. deerfaced macrumors regular

Mine came through fine, and worked first time.

All installed and done. ML seems exactly the same as L. Haven't checked 'lag' issues, but tbh, never really noticed anything worth complaining about before.

8. mexico macrumors member