Anyone's new MBP shipped yes (U.S./Canada only)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chupa Chupa, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I'm going to order today and wanted to see if anyone had received a FedEx tracking number for their order yet. Just curious as to whether these are shipping from the U.S. or direct from China.

2. Mr$Whale macrumors member

Ordered mine right after the keynote, I got a shipping e-mail around 8/9pm last night. It started out somewhere in PA and making it's way here to Ohio by tomorrow, so they are on the ground ready to go

3. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Thanks for the info. Helps me out a ton.

4. mdhwoods macrumors regular

looks like mine left china last night as the tracking says Shanghai.

5. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

PA or China, either way they seem to be shipping the MBPs out extremely fast. Mine is already "prepared for shipment," just an hour after I ordered. I suspect it's shipping from PA and I'll have it tomorrow (ordered standard ground shipping which has always been arrived the next day when it ships from PA). Half yippee since my RAM won't be here until Friday and my HD on Monday.

6. dabills80 macrumors member

i ordered mine yesterday with next day air and today it left china-should be here monday

7. digitalfrog macrumors regular

digitalfrog

That maybe true for the USA.... Here in Europe it says ship in 7 days but the actual delivery time is in 2 weeks !!!

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Mine shipped last night. I'm pretty sure that anyone (U.S. anyway) who chose a standard config will get it pretty quickly. BTO options appear to delay it by about a week.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

i hope this applies to Canada as well lol

im glad i didnt get the 4GB ram upgrade, ill just get that later down the road...id rather have my first mac as soon as i can! :)

but then again, i didnt get the pro, so my response doesnt really apply to what your question was lol, just wanted to share...

10. kingtj macrumors 68020

Yep!

I did a BTO order of a 2.8Ghz Macbook Pro as soon as I saw the store go back up after the keynote ended, and mine says it will arrive between Oct. 20th. and the 24th. :(

I didn't even seem to have an overnight shipping option for it either. It offered free standard shipping, or for $10 extra, an upgrade to "2-3 day shipping". Odd....

11. ElJuanito macrumors newbie

Waiting...

Same here... ordered the 'standard 2.53GHz Macbook Pro... but, I added an Apple Remote. So, it is now a 'custom configuration'...

Also no overnight shipping possible - only the 2-3 Days... Must be limited to the US of A...

Order Date: Oct 15, 2008 at 07:23 AM PDT
    Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: 22 Oct - 28 Oct

12. Ryvius macrumors member

Just remember to kick up some pictures and reviews once they land.

Pretty please, with extra sugar on top. :)

13. LinMac macrumors 65816

I ordered one with custom internals. It shipped from "SHANGHAI CN" yesterday about 10:00PM EST.

14. ElJuanito macrumors newbie

delivered this morning...

yes - finally - the wait is over...

ordered on 15th, shipped on 20th, delivered on 23rd... FedEx to Ottawa.

15. astudentis macrumors regular

Canadian:

Ordered it on 18th (weekend)
    It was shipped from the states (standard entry level MBP) on the morning of the 3rd business day (22nd)
    Arrived to Toronto 2AM the following night (23rd)
    Then left TO to NB at 4PM today(23rd)
    I am hoping i'll get it tomorrow...otherwise i would have to wait the weekend!!!

(has anyone actually gone down to the local shipping centre to request for their package? ie if it arrives late afternoon tomrow ... i doublt i'll get it tomorrow... but should i go get it from them??)