Anyone's phone not accepting the passcode? iOS 7 b2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by PNutts, Jan 6, 2014.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

iPhone 5S with Touch ID enabled. First, let's move past that I don't know my passcode. :) I've got two strong ones I use when I don't change my passcode and a pattern I use when I change it monthly. I've been using the pattern with iOS 7.

Saturday the phone seemed a little sluggish so I did a reset and it wouldn't take the passcode. I even tried the two other ones. I got to the point where the iPhone was disabled for 15 minutes. I was preparing to do a restore when I tried again and it worked. I changed the passcode to this month's pattern.

Last night it seemed I was using battery at a higher rate than normal so I did a reset. Yup, it would not take the passcode. I'm now at my second 60 minute delay and preparing for a restore.

This is puzzling because an occasional reset or turning the phone off is something I do occasionally and not taking the passcode is new behavior. Thx.

2. PNutts thread starter macrumors 601

PNutts

Update: iTunes wouldn't unlock or unencrypt my encrypted backup until I had wiped the phone from iCloud. Strange. Oh, well. It's a beta and after the restore everything is fine so far. Now to set up Touch ID and we'll see what happens the next time I need to reset.