Anyone's PUSH Mail not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 29, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I have my Mail app to PUSH and so far, most of the time it wont push new email. i would have to manually go into the Mail App and wait for it to refresh

Anyone?

2. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

yeah my Mobile Me hasn't been pushing since i upgraded to 4.0 on my 3GS (Getting my 4 next week)

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'm not using MobileMe to push my eMail. I added my eMail address manually since it's a personal one (my own domain). I am having problems with PUSH but figured maybe it's just because this isn't a normal GMail/Yahoo, etc. Not sure if it is or isn't normal, but yeah it does suck a little. I just had to set it to automatically refresh every 30 mins, although it makes the battery life worse.

4. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

i have Yahoo Mail and it doesn't push

5. jl234 macrumors member

6. Syk macrumors 6502a

7. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

8. veteq macrumors member

I had the same problem with Google mail. I recreated (deleted and created) the account and all started working again.

9. coasterider macrumors regular

EDIT: I found the fix. You have to set it up as an Exchange Server because GMail natively does not use Push Notification even though the option is there I guess. Here is a link to how to set it up

10. RynoZebz macrumors regular

Yea, I found that work around but sadly it only seems to work for a couple days. Then I can receive emails but when I delete them it says they can't be moved to another folder and it stops the iPhone from deleting email or move anything around. It seems to only be able to receive messages. It sucks. After I delete the exchange account and put in all my info again it works flawless for a couple days again. My wife's new iPhone has the same problem. I used to use Yahoo Mail but just made the jump to GMail recently because I like it better. Any thoughts?

11. mrfriggz macrumors member

I have email setup under Exchange, and I am not getting push. I did prior to upgrading to iOS4. I still have a 3gs so it isn't isolated to iPhone 4.

It would be lovely to get a fix ASAP. I don't want to miss my reservation email :eek:

12. dusters711 macrumors regular

My yahoo account was pushing after upgrade to 4.0 and even with my new iPhone 4 but the last 24 hours were a no go... My data has been out a lot as well (aka full bars and 3G but nothing)... I think I saw others on here with similar data issues!

13. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

yep i only have 1-2 bars while my Dad's 3GS has 3-4 bars in the same room

14. Luminyx macrumors member

I was having this problem today and last night. It was working fine this weekend, but then I just stopped getting push notifications. I didn't get my three emails from last night and I noticed I wasn't getting two from today. I called up Apple, and the representative suggested I delete the account and readd it. It worked me for, although this will be a real nuisance if I have to continually delete and readd in order to get my push notifications.

FYI, this problem was with my Yahoo email. Gmail did not face this problem. I have Fetch (15 minutes) on for Gmail and I still got those emails.

15. rtztgue macrumors regular

similar problems

Same thing here, my yahoo push does not work. Yahoo claims it is with the iphone and suggests deleting and adding again. That is a pain, Seems like apple needs to fix this.

Anyone know if push is on AND fetch, will the fetch override the push and still get the mail? I will have to play with this.

One thing that has changed and I do not know how to fix this, or re-work it. It used to be that when i got a new email my phone would show it as unread. If I checked it on my computer my phone would still show it as unread. No big deal, i would go to the phone and hit it real quick or delete it. no biggy. So now if i read it from my desktop, the phone will still show the message but it does not show up as unread, or even as a new mail. I dont get the mail notification. This is only a problem in one area. 2 of my mail accounts are general accounts for our company. so if you send an email to this account it goes to 5 recipients. But now, if any one of those recipients reads the email it will show as read on my phone. Not what I need. Anyone run into this, or know how to change the settings. It would be sweet to have both abilities. I dont mind it marking it read on my personal mail, but it needs to leave it as unread on the communal mail.